Criterion News and Discussion

Started by Gold Trumpet, January 16, 2003, 06:18:19 PM

cine

Quote from: bonanzataz on August 04, 2006, 12:56:11 AMseriously, dude. you need to learn to control yourself.
Chest Rockwell is back. he can cream wherever he wants. :onfire:

bonanzataz

The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

cine

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

Chest Rockwell

C'mon guys, you're thinking small. Give me some credit.

(I can't swim  :oops: )

A Matter Of Chance

Do you folks think it's worth it to buy the new Brazil? Hmmmm?

Cobz

I'm bored and nobody's written nething new or interesting so here out of previous boredom is my criterion collages of spines 1- 350!

One day, i'll own them all, one day!

Well, its a bit cramped but meh!

WOOOOOP! can't wait for the new transfer of Amarcord!!!!
coin operated boy

Sunrise

Quote from: A Matter Of Chance on August 07, 2006, 08:49:28 PMDo you folks think it's worth it to buy the new Brazil? Hmmmm?

If you already own the original release, just get the single-disc with the new transfer. Absolutely buy the new 3-disc set if the original isn't in your library. But if you don't own the original 3-disc set in the first place...what's wrong?

edison

November Criterions and they are fantastic!!

All of them have beautiful covers

samsong

great covers!
The Fallen Idol... so good.
i want Mouchette.

Gold Trumpet

Oh man, Pandora's Box.....

Louise Brooks makes her major DVD debut. I can only imagine how great the features will be.

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: The Gold Trumpet on August 14, 2006, 10:38:01 PM
Oh man, Pandora's Box.....

Louise Brooks makes her major DVD debut. I can only imagine how great the features will be.

I'll answer my own post

New, restored high-definition digital transfer of the definitive Munich Film Museum restoration 

Four different musical scores, each with its own unique stylistic interpretation of the film

Audio commentary by film scholars Thomas Elsaesser and Mary Ann Doane

Louise Brooks: Looking for Lulu, a 1998 documentary

Lulu in Berlin (48 minutes), a rare 1971 interview with Brooks by verite documentarian Richard Leacock 

A new video interview with Leacock

A new interview with G. W. Pabst's son, Michael

New and improved English subtitle translation

PLUS: A book including Kenneth Tynan's famous essay "The Girl in the Black Helmet," a chapter from Louise Brooks's evocative memoir discussing her relationship with Pabst, and a new essay by film critic J. Hoberman 

(Better than I expected!)

Chest Rockwell

I would have expected a better cover for Double Life (it's not bad, mind you), but I'll still buy it the day it comes out.

last days of gerry the elephant

Quote from: Chest Rockwell on August 15, 2006, 09:55:18 AM
I would have expected a better cover for Double Life (it's not bad, mind you), but I'll still buy it the day it comes out.

I will have to agree with you on that. Especially the typography really bothers me.