Chained for Life

Started by wilder, February 03, 2019, 06:42:10 PM

wilder

A beautiful actress struggles to connect with her disfigured co-star on the set of a European auteur's English-language debut.

Written and Directed by Aaron Schimberg
Release Date - September 13, 2019 (Nuart), September 11, 2019 at IFC Center
Variety review

Quote from: Travis, Shotgun CinemaI was already blown away from the first moments of Chained, which posits that although we tend to like actors because they are beautiful, exceptional beauty is as much an aberration as grotesque physical deformity. The rest of the film expands on this destabilizing observation, portraying the connection between a beautiful actress shooting a film and her co-star, a disfigured man.

'From Freaks to Fassbinder: six films that shaped my feature Chained for Life' - BFI

wilder

Opening at The Nuart in LA on September 13th / NY theatrical on September 11th at IFC Center

VOD release and blu-ray from Kino coming in the fall. UK blu-ray from Indicator also forthcoming at a TBD date.

polkablues

I'm hugely intrigued by this.

It also took me forever to remember what I knew Jess Weixler from; she's the girl from Teeth! Which came out 12 years ago now.  :shock:
My house, my rules, my coffee

wilder

wilder

February 24, 2020

Region free limited edition UK blu-ray from Anti-Worlds

Includes Schimberg's first feature film Go Down Death (2013)

jenkins

Anti-Worlds is spine numbered and Chained for Life is 1

somehow arrived on its release date through intentional cheapest shipping

jenkins

putneyswipe

This was really impressive. Not sure why it didn't get more attention. One of the best things I've seen come out of the Brooklyn "indie scene" (I'm generally not a fan)