the stupidest thing you heard someone say abouta musician(s)

Started by NEON MERCURY, September 21, 2003, 09:16:52 PM

NEON MERCURY

1.0  pearl jaM SUCKS NOW
2.0  marillyn manson's talented..
3.0  i don't listen to them... they are to wierd.
4.0  why do you buy the cd.'s buy solo artists that leave the group??..
5.0  dashboard confessional  are my fav. groupp..
6.0  john mayer is  cool..
7.0  neil young sucks..
8.0  michael jackson has no talent
9.0  the lead singer of creed is hot!

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: NEON MERCURY1.0  pearl jaM SUCKS NOW always did
2.0  marillyn manson's talented.. has some cool tunes, but nothing special
3.0  i don't listen to them... they are to wierd. i hate hearing that4.0  why do you buy the cd.'s buy solo artists that leave the group??.. i don't understant the question
5.0  dashboard confessional  are my fav. groupp.. at first, i kind of liked them, but whiny bitches get old fast
6.0  john mayer is  cool.. decent guitarist, shitty musician
7.0  neil young sucks.. no way in hell
8.0  michael jackson has no talent he's like elvis.  people say he revolutionized music...it's both true and very sad (as with elvis)
9.0  the lead singer of creed is hot! he isn't talented, nor can I as a man find him attractive

just felt like slinging my opinion
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

NEON MERCURY

too clarify #4.0  "

basically i am sayin gthat people have told me that after a group dis-bands (e.g> the velvet underground)..why do you but the solo cd.?..(usually it's the lead singer of the former group for me. we will still use the velvewts for this case...e.g. Lou Reed)..

THE PERSON ASKING ME THIS IS IMPLYING THAT THE SOLO ARTISTS WORK W/O THE FORMER GROUP HE/SHE WERE/WAS IN  IS NEVER AS GOOD AS  HE/SHE WAS/WERE WHEN THEY WERE A BAND TOGETHER...

:arrow: ....i know cale was a singer for the velvets also..but lou's better solo IMO

moonshiner

the rumble of the train trails off to infinity, a place where no one goes anymore

JC, no not that one

neatahwanta

Quote from: SoNowThenI like Oasis much more than the Beatles.

Cecil

some of the most stupid remarks ive heard on musicians and movies is when someone calls someone elses opinion stupid.

NEON MERCURY

er.. maybe someone should kill this thread or lock it..

doesn't seem to wor like the film one does

rustinglass

Once I was havinga discussion with a friend who said classical music sucks. I tried to tell him that as much as I like a certain band or a certain singer, I cannot even compare their music with masters like Bach, Mozart or Beethoven(forgive my generalization). I approached the subject on a way that I thought would reach him: I said that even if they're dead for hundreds of years, we still remember them and talk about them and we still hear their music. He said: "Yes, but in those days there were only those three guys, now we have hundreds of bands, of course we're not going to remember all of them!"
we insisted on each other for a few minutes, then I gave up.
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

neatahwanta

Quote from: Cecilsome of the most stupid remarks ive heard on musicians and movies is when someone calls someone elses opinion stupid.

:roll:

SoNowThen

Quote from: neatahwanta
Quote from: SoNowThenI like Oasis much more than the Beatles.

Yes, see above my friend.

And I DO!!! I DO like Oasis so much more. Light years more.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

neatahwanta

ElPandaRoyal

Quoteneatahwanta wrote:
SoNowThen wrote:
I like Oasis much more than the Beatles.

Yes, see above my friend.

And I DO!!! I DO like Oasis so much more. Light years more.

Jesus Fucking Christ
Si

neatahwanta

And....if you don't think people should critique art and artists, then people shouldn't critique politics and politicians either...because its all a matter of "taste" and "opinion", and last time I knew, politics was not included as a pure science.

Vile5

a girl in my English class who had a t-shirt with a Jim Morrison pic:

I like The Doors because they talk about drugs and all that

that was the last time we talk
"Wars have never hurt anybody except the people who die." - Salvador Dalí

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Vile5a girl in my English class who had a t-shirt with a Jim Morrison pic:

I like The Doors because they talk about drugs and all that

that was the last time we talk

.. :roll: ..I know what you mean thats freak'n annoying ..I hated it when that stupid "b/c I got high" song came out and all these losers went around singing it and giggling ..saying it was the  "coolest" song they ever heard.....drug songs are usually stupid and played out  and tend for 8ight graders to like them...the only song about drugs that I hreard that sounds fantastic is The Verve's  'the drugs don't work"..its ashame that most people prob.ly bought the 'bittersweet " single and never got the album to here all the other songs that are way beytter than that one.