A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010)

Started by MacGuffin, January 30, 2008, 12:51:16 AM

RegularKarate

Why does he look like leatherface myers?

The Perineum Falcon

what's worse is Haley seems to be getting typecast as accused child molesters, ehhhhhk.....

Surprised they haven't made this in 3D, yet, cause it seems like a shoe-in.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

MacGuffin

Quote from: RegularKarate on September 28, 2009, 12:27:33 PM
Why does he look like leatherface myers?

Nightmare producer: What's up with Freddy's burn scars, voice
Source: SciFi Wire

If you watched the new teaser trailer for A Nightmare on Elm Street and your first reaction was "WTF? Freddy's makeup looks weird! His voice sounds weird!", you're not alone, and our pal Brad Fuller, producer of Platinum Dunes' upcoming remake, wants you to know that he hears you and has posted details about the movie on a new production blog.

Here's part of what Fuller said:

Is that Freddy's final look?

No, it isn't—we are continuing to refine Freddy's look. Many people commented about the CGI on his face—and I don't want to give everything away but I will say this—Freddy's face is 98% practical make-up. Moreover, as you now know we went hardcore on what a burn victim really looks like, and I can't imagine what the comments would have been if he DIDN'T look like a real burn victim.

Is that Freddy's final voice?

No, Jackie spent so much time on the voice, researching what people who've has their vocal cords burned sound like. He is still working on it, and I suspect that we will be refining it, until the last moment.

Will it be rated PG-13?

Are you kidding me? Make no mistake about it this is a R-rated movie.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

diggler

damage control alert

"no, freddy won't look or sound anything like the trailer we just released"
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

Neil

*damage control alert* indeed.  I can't believe that either.

A co worker (Panera Bread Co.) who has said a ton of ridiculous shit about film, and i do mean more ridiculous than the things i say, had this to say about the new freddy, which i believe he told me he saw before surrogates, or maybe online, i'm not sure.

"Aww man, it looks awesome they're gonna  focus more on like his origin, and why he kills people"

-have you watched the original?

"Yeah, but this has the guy who played Rorschach in it, and Englund even said he was impressed!"

Anyways, this trailer looks like shit, I can't imagine this being any good.  May as well be "One Missed Call" with nostalgia.  The voice is the least of my concern, fucking fan boys of NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET?????   And that whole "what do you think i've done" bullshit before they burn the building down. wow.

Dear God (or whatever they call you these days), please stop.  I'm living below the poverty line here.

Love,  Neil
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

mogwai

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

scattered thoughts during the trailer..

sprig?
ryan philipe?
ryan philipe?
ha freddy looks short
that death scene's from let the right one in!
at least the voice is scaryish
joshua jackson?
under the paving stones.

RegularKarate

looks as boring as the original.

I will see this for JEH

MacGuffin

Like the other remakes of classic horror films, this one is pointless as well. If the other Nightmare films didn't come before, and this was our first introduction to Freddy Kreuger, you wouldn't peg him to be such and iconic figure in pop culture. This Freddy does without any humor and isn't frightening at all. The heroine lacks the strength to take on Freddy, and none of the characters feel nothing more than just "kills."

Skeleton FilmWorks

RegularKarate

To be fair, Mac, Freddy wasn't really much of a wiseacre in the first Nightmare.  He got much worse with the one-liners as the series went on.  You can't really blame JEH for this.  If they put the exact same Freddy into this movie, it still wouldn't be scary.

This was duller than dull.
The only thing that was "bad Movie" worthy about this was the fake search engine they used called "Gigablast" that looked like it was designed by 1999.

The scenes they lifted from the original were so incredibly lazy.  They CG'd the part where Freddy stretches the wall out... it looked worse than the OG.