Okay, admit you fell asleep or dozed off while watching...

Started by Stefen, November 10, 2010, 11:50:14 PM

tpfkabi

Just got the latest MST3K box and I'm having trouble getting through the Bride of the Monster episode.
Not sure if I'm sleepy as result of the time change or I'm just not enjoying it.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Stefen

Quote from: modage on November 22, 2010, 02:45:39 PM
Quote from: Stefen on November 22, 2010, 02:20:26 PM
Fell asleep last night while watching 'Trouble Every Day' by Claire Denis with Vince Gallo.

I was tired and it got boring sometimes. Vampires and cannibalism is awesome, but this film wasn't going anywhere. The worst was that apparently it was on repeat, so I fell asleep around 1am, but the movie kept playing, so I would wake up every couple hours and it would still be on and I decided it was the longest movie ever.

Haha, I almost watched that last month.  Glad I stayed away(ke).

It just didn't have much going for it outside of atmosphere. It has some terrible acting by Vincent Gallo. The soundtrack by Tindersticks is really great, tho. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_fKlrzj6O4&feature=related
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Reel

Inception, The Town, Attack the Block

overrated action movies.. :sleeping:

Sleepless

I didn't fall asleep, but this week the wife and I rented the new Harry Potter (part 1 of 2). We got close to two hours in before giving up on it. Neither of us had a clue what was going on. Scenes just suddenly cut from one to another with no explanation. It was obvious that there were just trying to include as much from the book as possible so satisfy those fans, with no thought to helping viewers that hadn't read the book what the story was. Absolutely awful.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Orgin

I  fell asleep when I was watching Captain America in 3D, it was during the high  fight scenes near the end of the movie,  *spoiler?* When I  came- two,  Cap was in a bed and than escaping into New York City.  

Also, My father told me that when we were watching Empire strikes back when it first came out, I was hiding under the seat because I was scared of Darth Vader. :)

O.

Here I go to throw myself at the mercy of the wolves...

2001: A Space Odyssey

I still maintain that I didn't doze off by any fault of the movie, but I was just at a susceptible time to be stricken with sleepiness and it was a relaxing kind of movie to watch.
superb

Pubrick

Quote from: O on October 04, 2011, 09:26:20 AM
Here I go to throw myself at the mercy of the wolves...

2001: A Space Odyssey

that's nothing to be ashamed of, as i noted on the last page some of the greatest masters have a habit of putting me to sleep the first time round. i more than make up for it by rewatching a million times. i would add Tarkovsky to my original list, it's almost a sign of greatness.

i think PTA is going this way too, especially after Chere Mill Be Blood. i dozed off for a few scenes the first time i watched that movie, and now that i think about it, i'm glad i did.. it's pretty much confirmation that he's entered into the most masterful period of his career. expect more of the same from his next one.
under the paving stones.

O.

Yeah, but I can't help but feel guilty.

Here are a few I forgot:

Bicycle Thieves
Wild Strawberries
Pickpocket (1957)

I think Murmur of the Heart might be on there too but I think I may just have stopped mid-viewing for a while.
superb

Reel

eh, you'll get over it. I seem to fall asleep during everything I watch these days, I can only keep my attention going for 30 minute stints. I guess I need to start watching better movies.

Orgin

Quote from: Reelist on October 05, 2011, 10:41:51 AM
eh, you'll get over it. I seem to fall asleep during everything I watch these days, I can only keep my attention going for 30 minute stints. I guess I need to start watching better movies.

Or maybe you just getting old. :)

Reel

That's true, I'll be 23 this friday. I succesfully completed watching one movie today, it was Fargo. The movies I didn't complete were Totally Awesome, Be Kind Rewind, and the Halloween remake. Which makes sense when you look at those last three because they pretty much suck.

It's not like I fell asleep during them, but that might as well have been the reason I stopped watching.

squints

man fuck you guys. i'm closer to 30 than 23 and i never EVER fall asleep during movies. If i'm sleepy, guess what? i don't watch a fucking movie.

Except for Gosford Park. 19 tries later and that one puts me to sleep EVERY TIME.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Reel

I've tried to watch The Tree Of Life 4 times now... I don't think I'll ever get through it.