saturday night live

Started by sphinx, March 09, 2003, 05:38:36 PM

cut snl skit regarding ferguson:

polkablues

Shocker of shockers, it's better than any of the sketches that actually made the show.
My house, my rules, my coffee

they totally should have aired that because nearly everyone is forgetting that shit happened, like less than a month later. that's the reason shit like this continues, is because we get bored with the sensationalism of it and forget the actual cause.

samsong

michael keaton hosted.  this skit is ridiculous. 

that is amazing. is this just really bizarre or am i missing a whole bunch of references?

cronopio2

ugh...

edit: i feel strange about last night. america has its own berlusconi.

Jeremy Blackman

So apparently this did not go over well.

I found it mildly amusing, but then it just kept going. If you've decided to make light of the heroin epidemic, it should at least be funny. Or you should have something, anything, to say. Hate to make this point but let's be honest, MadTV would have handled this topic more deftly. At least we would have seen Stuart strung out and sprawled across a lunch table or something.

ono

Even I don't watch this show anymore.  Just saying.

polkablues

It's actually a low-key great cast right now, but the writing seems even spottier than usual. The heroin ad was half-baked, sure, but the "God is Not Gay" trailer was perfect.

ono

Yeah, the writing's been spotty for the longest time.  I often gave it a pass because I know how hard it is to come up with good material in just a couple of days.  The talent just hasn't been there for me.  Maybe it's just my connection to the old guard.  I liked a lot of the newer people five years ago, but the "newer newer" people I haven't quite connected with.  There's no one like Forte, Sudeikis, Armisen (in his prime sans Wiig), or Hader.  Not to mention Fey and Poehler, of course.

Jeremy Blackman

It's perfect until the last few seconds (the actual Kendall Jenner performance).

Jeremy Blackman

Just ran across this gem. People seem to love it or hate it. I kind of love it.

It's a parody of this:

polkablues

The Lonely Island has a long, distinguished history of parodying The OC:

modage

Dear Sister was one of my favorite sketches from that era and for a long time had no idea it was an OC parody. It works either way.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.