Pioneer

Started by wilder, August 08, 2014, 01:32:39 AM

wilder

Set in the early 1980s at the beginning of the Norwegian oil boom, Pioneer sees the authorities racing to harness gas and oil deposits in the North Sea by laying a pipeline at a depth of more than 500 metres. Petter (Aksel Hennie – Headhunters) is obsessed with reaching the bottom of the Norwegian Sea and has the discipline and strength to take on the mission. But when a tragic accident changes everything, Petter embarks on a dangerous journey with no idea who is pulling the strings – until his very life is at stake.

From a review on Amazon
QuoteStylishly shot with judicious use of underwater cinematography and an effective soundtrack by Air, the film is a claustrophobic white knuckle suspense ride reminiscent of the classic American movies The Conversation, The Parallex View, and Three Days of the Condor.

Directed by Erik Skjoldbjærg (Insomnia)
Release Date - TBD via Magnolia, UK Blu-ray available now

Clip

yeah i think everyone should shoot movies that sound like ideas from the late 1970s as if it were a film from the late 1970s.

some great shit going on in that trailer, but i have another suggestion:

make all trailers out of seperate material with only several snippets from the actual film. because now i know he's gonna kick that glass thing, do i know why, not really, but i bet when i'm in the zone and watching the film and he's by that glass thing all i'm gonna be the fuck thinkin about is when he gonna kick that sombitch.

good things:
- the director
- the feel
- paranoia conspiracy stories are suprisingly easy to make original and exciting, no matter how antiquated the concept, when put in the right hands, which this is.
- HOLY SHIT @ 1:28 in the first trailer. what the hell kind of crazy shot was that?!?!?!
- lead has an awesome almost michael jeterish look for a victim protagonist