There Will Be Blood - now with child/partner forum we call H.W.

Started by depooter, March 27, 2005, 02:24:56 PM

tpfkabi

Quote from: Hedwig on December 11, 2007, 04:32:57 PM
bigideas: read carefully. the gag is that your username is bigideas and the song says "don't get any big ideas they're not gonna happen" and you never get any big ideas. this is a fact proven by every single post you make.

that's the gag. he believes in the gag of using the lyrics to point out your cluelessness. he is quoting pubrick saying "i believe in this gag" because he believes in the gag that i just explained. whether or not pozer knew the song before In Rainbows has nothing to do with anything. i didn't understand why you asked that and i assumed you just didn't get it.. now i realize that is the explanation for all of the weird random senseless stuff you post: YOU DONT GET IT. :|

get it?

wrong
you stole fizzly lifting drink, you bumped into the ceiling which now must be cleaned
YOU LOSE EVERYTHING!

i understood loud and clear, it's just so played out.

remakes of remakes of remakes made for tv...
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Pubrick

what the fuck are you talking about? your idea was pathetic. i'm glad CMBB didn't get a premiere anywhere near you just to avoid the total embarrassment it would have been for this board. silias was bad enuff. now please stop ruining what has otherwise been a classic thread.

Quote from: Gamblour. on December 11, 2007, 06:34:29 PM
i can't wait until the first of the new york crowd gets to a computer.

as long as they don't post useless cryptic bullshit like this:

Quote from: Satcho9 on November 16, 2007, 02:01:38 AM
Just Got back from the LA screening... DDL did not seem to be amused by Judd Apatow.

nevermind:

Quote from: modage on December 11, 2007, 10:07:45 PM
wow, there was blood!

that has been said so often it's not even a spoiler anymore.
under the paving stones.

cine

noyes

a complete masterwork.
a "strong film", as I overheard a group of elderly say on my way out.
Daniel Day is something else. extremely powerful performance.

and that ending. what an ending..
i thought to myself, "now there's the PTA we know and love."
i was waiting for it and got it and it was the perfect ribbon to wrap around the present. a real fucking treat.
i don't know why but it reminded me of Kubrick, particularly The Shining.

and his direction here is astounding. every aspect of the film is very moving.
i think TWBB is Paul's magnum opus. easily.
it was so good it gave me a headache.

(edit: just reread pozer's review. and goddamn i agree with everything you wrote sir. absolutely agree.)
south america's my name.

JG

i love paul dano's chin hair. 

edit: no the serious response (cos you guys deserve one) is that its way too early for me to comment on the movie.  i'll say that i didn't have as strong an immediate reaction as i did with say no country, but i'm already cringing as i type those words. what the fuck is an immediate reaction?  was it good?  yeah, obviously.. how good? we'll see.. i don't know how i feel about labeling anything a masterpiece after just seeing it, let alone a movie i've anticipated for so long.

i really did love dano's chin hair though. 

hedwig

Stefen

You guys are dicks. As if my expectations could not be higher.

So it's true? PTA should blow his head off because it's all downhill from here?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

samsong

cine

hedwig

i would like to take this opportunity to belatedly thank the LA crowd for the informative reports of their screening. i very much appreciated the reviews, the insights, and the photos. thanks guys!

JG

in non-movie news, did all of the new york people enjoy themselves?  sorry i didn't get to say hello, i hope mod sent my regards (i told mod to send my regards).  third row wasn't so bad, but the dude to my right was.  he literally laughed at EVERY SINGLE MOMENT.  i don't know if you guys could hear him, but it was the WORST. 

as a general rule though, people don't know when to laugh. 

noyes

i was in the middle to the left. and i think i heard him. he did laugh at everything.
maybe it was him that give me the headache. haha.
south america's my name.

bonanzataz

i feel the same way i felt after all his other movies. i think i liked it, but i'm not really sure. i need some time to digest it. i always go in with expectations of what his new movies are going to be and they're always so different than how i thought they'd be. that is definitely a good thing. also, if you don't want your opinion colored, you shouldn't read this, but this is NOT paul's movie. this movie belongs to ddl.
anyway, my experience with getting there... so, i drove in from (big) boston to come see the movie. i stayed at my mom's house in long island and at around 5 my sister and i leave for astoria, where the museum of the moving image is located. we get lost in queens in medium traffic. it's 6:15 and i'm thinking we're going to be late and our tickets will be given away. so we call the museum, where we're informed that no no no, the screening's not at the museum (why should it be?) it's in fucking chelsea! luckily, there's a ramp for the triboro bridge right there, it spits us out uptown, and the fdr was fucking trafficky as hell. i'm amazed that we made it cross town and got our tickets FIVE minutes before the movie was supposed to start. we had to split up, but we got good seats. she was seated next to what looked like some huge pta dorks. i was seated next to these young asshole stockbroker types still wearing their suits and typing away at their fucking blackberry's going "dude, this movie's gonna fuckin' rawk, man. dude, bra..." these guys, soon as the credits roll, back on their fucking blackerries. they seemed to really like the movie, though. the people to the right of me seemed to think i was out of my mind for even attempting to talk to them. my sister informed me afterwards that as soon as the title came up on the screen, she got her period. no joke.
where were my xixaxers? i thought i saw modage (pretty sure i was five rows directly behind you), but then i went to the bathroom after the movie was over and i couldn't find him again. didn't see anybody else, so i just left. i was really hungry and i don't think my sister really felt like sticking around, given the circumstances. maybe next time?
number one, how annoying was that moderator? he was really unprofessional and incredibly douchey. number two, how cute are pta and ddl together? number three, i pray to god that none of you asked that lame question about rysher and floyd gondolli. if you were you deserve a good swift kick in da nutz. that was really pitiful and i'm glad paul reacted to it the way he did.

great night, but next time, i should organize with you fuckers more.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

hedwig

Quote from: bonanzataz on December 12, 2007, 12:01:56 AM
number three, i pray to god that none of you asked that lame question about rysher and floyd gondolli. if you were you deserve a good swift kick in da nutz. that was really pitiful and i'm glad paul reacted to it the way he did.

what was the question and how did he react?

Stefen

Quote from: noyes on December 11, 2007, 11:59:56 PM
i was in the middle to the left. and i think i heard him. he did laugh at everything.
maybe it was him that give me the headache. haha.

Yeah, that was Samsong.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.