Fun With Dick And Jane (2005)

Started by MacGuffin, June 23, 2005, 08:50:58 PM

MacGuffin

Trailer

Release Date: December 21st, 2005 (wide)

Cast: Jim Carrey (Dick Harper), Téa Leoni (Jane Harper), Angie Harmon (Veronica), John Michael Higgins (Garth), Alec Baldwin, Richard Burgi, Vincent Curatola, Jeff Garlin, Stacey Travis

Director: Dean Parisot (Galaxy Quest, Home Fries)

Screenwriter: Judd Apatow, Nicholas Stoller, Peter Tolan

Premise: After losing their high-paying jobs, Jane and Dick Harper turn to crime to keep up their standard of living.

Based Upon: A remake of 1977's Fun with Dick and Jane, which starred George Segal and Jane Fonda.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Kal

Whats happening to Jim Carrey... he is acting weirder than before... and he was always weird

Stefen

Carey is the new Cruise.

Just kidding.

Galaxy Quest is underrated. It makes me laugh so hard, I don't care what you guys say. It's just a fun fun fun movie. But Tea Leoni gets on my nerves to no end. I hate her quiver lipped face.

I will see this if they digitally alter Leoni and replace her with someone more likeable, digital, like Lohan and Herbie.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

SiliasRuby

This is a very solid funny film. Just great, But Jim carrey is getting wackier and wackier these days. I just saw him on letterman the other night prior to seeing this and it was if he was satirizing himself.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

ProgWRX

I went to see this with low expectations because of the bad reviews and was pleasantly surprised. Its definately a light, take-your-load-off movie, but i also liked all the jabs at the dirty corporations. Carrey can be grating at times, but damn, i have to admit, seeing him doing physical comedy always amazes me. The guy has such ridiculous control over his body...

-Carlos

squints

Quote from: SiliasRuby on December 25, 2005, 01:45:19 PM
This is a very solid funny film. Just great, But Jim carrey is getting wackier and wackier these days. I just saw him on letterman the other night prior to seeing this and it was if he was satirizing himself.

how can you get wackier than ace ventura? or fire marshal bill for that matter?
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche