Conan's the man!

Started by ono, October 16, 2003, 11:38:17 PM

ono

Jim Gaffigan is on Conan again tonight.  Just saying.

RegularKarate

really?  a sort-of funny comedian is on Conan tonight?

Thanks for the red-alert

ono

Quote from: RegularKaratereally?  a sort-of funny comedian is on Conan tonight?

Thanks for the red-alert
If you would've read the rest of this thread, you'd see that most people think he's more than sort of funny.  Your "asshole" rating is really going through the roof.  Nice job!

RegularKarate

I lived the rest of this thread, dude.

And I was kidding, anyway... I think he's a pretty funny guy, just didn't think it was that necessary to bring it back to life.

and "asshole" is exactly what I'm going for these days, so thanks.

ono

Tonight on Conan, James Lipton did "In the Year 2000" with Conesey.  Great stuff:

CONAN: Gays will oppose gay marriage when James Lipton marries Ice T to become "James Lipton Ice T."  Cut to shot of Lipton smirking.

LIPTON: A mischievous writer will write "Pete paints pretty pink ping pong balls with his penis" just to see if James Lipton will say it.  James Lipton will refuse.  (He grins.)

CONAN: "Batman will admit he is gay.  Clay Aiken will admit he is Batman."

And, you know, Amy Poehler is on, so that's kinda cool.

Ravi

Anyone see the Chuck Norris thing?

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

cine

I'm at the halfway point of Conan tonight. Good lord is this great television. Texas Ranger and Conan Hates My Homeland. It's all being pitched at such a manic pace - its hilarious!

ono

I was just about to post the same thing.  Only Conesey could make a clip of Walker, Texas Ranger so gutwrenchingly hilarious.  I guess that's what Raffi meant by the Chuck Norris thing -- I missed the show last night.  And Fallon's Conan impression was so dead on it's scary.  The Homeland Hating sketch was priceless, too.

cine

Quote from: OnomatopitaAnd Fallon's Conan impression was so dead on it's scary.  The Homeland Hating sketch was priceless, too.
The Homeland Hating thing could've went on for a full hour and I would've loved every second of it. And I can never get enough of the audience's reactions of offensive jokes.

I'm guessing they said Fallon took over a couple weeks ago so they could do the impression of Conan.. I wouldn't know. What I DO know is I went and saw a cheap production of Grease in my city tonight. And one of the guys was dancing in a solo number and HE DID THE STRING DANCE. Even snipped off the strings too. I almost threw my bottle of water at him.

ono

Four words: Beverly Hills Cop music.  That, and the feng shui expert redesigning Conan's set was great.  Not to mention "My burrito!"

Ravi

And the Native American on Walker Texas Ranger going, "Noooooooooooooooooooooo!"

ono

Well, Conan still seems to be stuck in rerun gear, but I came across a cool interview from Sep. 2001, complete with Boogie Nights reference:

http://www.maximonline.com/stupid_fun/articles/article_4233.html

Sleuth

he's all new this week
I like to hug dogs

ono

Pierre Brounard's ... RECLINER OF RAY-YA-YA-YAAGE!  Gwyneth Paltrow.  Could this show BE any better?  And the whole Chuck Norris cameo last week was great, too.  Those two weeks when he was away during the Olympics were two LONG weeks.

Also, Conan's making a bunch of Brit jokes with Gwyneth, and she's cracking up.  Then Paul Bettany comes out and says how it's not such a good move:

Bettany: ...You say "tomato," we say "tomahto."  You say "erb," but we say "herb," because there's a fucking "h" at the beginning.  *crowd goes wild*