Conan's the man!

Started by ono, October 16, 2003, 11:38:17 PM

ono

Conan is in Toronto starting tonight.  Already, five minutes into the show, it's classic.  He's on fire.  Mike Myers and Ron James are the guests.  Enjoy and stuff.  I know I will.  :-D

Ravi

I didn't care for Ron James.  Maybe its because I'm not Canadian.

Pubrick

Quote from: RaviI didn't care for Ron James.  Maybe its because I'm not Canadian.
yeah that dude was a fool. he reminded me of that jerk woody allen makes fun of in Annie Hall, that does the french impression.

also, NICKELBACK???? i seriously thought he was joking when he said they hav the best line up ever. god he's suddenly turned into leno. meanwhile, at least the new setting has let him explore other jokes than "no one is watching this show".
under the paving stones.

Ravi

"Turned into Leno," whoa, let's not throw around slurs that we don't mean.

I didn't know Nickelback was going to be on.  God, I hear that stupid "paperback novel" song everyday in the rec center on the radio, and one of the guys in the dorm room next to me has sung it in the shower a lot.

The hockey thing wasn't as funny as his other on-location pieces.

ono

Quote from: Ravi"Turned into Leno," whoa, let's not throw around slurs that we don't mean.
Still don't see why all the Leno hate.
Quote from: RaviI didn't know Nickelback was going to be on.  God, I hear that stupid "paperback novel" song everyday in the rec center on the radio, and one of the guys in the dorm room next to me has sung it in the shower a lot.
Haha, what an image.
Quote from: RaviThe hockey thing wasn't as funny as his other on-location pieces.
Yes, his shopping with Isaac Mizrahi segment was a classic that won't be topped for a long while.

pete

"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

ono

Great article.  Thanks for posting it.  Conan reads like such a great guy.  I love his observations about drugs and alcohol and audiences' demeanors, about guests and their work, about everything really.  That little sidebar about Andy Richter made Andy seem like a bit of an asshole though.  Curious.

Sleuth

Quote from: OnomatopoeiaGreat article.  Thanks for posting it.  Conan reads like such a great guy.  I love his observations about drugs and alcohol and audiences' demeanors, about guests and their work, about everything really.  That little sidebar about Andy Richter made Andy seem like a bit of an asshole though.  Curious.

Read his interview  with them.  In fact, read every interview he did, he's usually very wise
I like to hug dogs

ono

Got any links?  Onion search seems to be down.

SHAFTR

anyone remember the little skit he did once
Muppet Faces of Death?

If anyone has a video link to this..let me know.  I've always wanted it.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Sleuth

Quote from: OnomatopoeiaGot any links?  Onion search seems to be down.

www.andyrichterdatabase.com/intvindex/2002.htm
I like to hug dogs

Stefen

Conan O'Brien can be seen every weeknight on Late Night With Conan O'Brien, repeats of which now air at a respectable hour on Comedy Central.

The Onion: Who could you take in a fight?

Conan O'Brien: Let's see, who could I take in a fight? Definitely Ruth Bader Ginsburg. Have you seen her? Her upper body is very frail. I think I could take her if she was sleepy and I had a two-by-four. She'd go down quickly.

-----------------------------------------
That always made me laugh. The onion av clubs who could you take in a fight rocks.

http://www.theonionavclub.com/avclub3905/avfeature_3905.html
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

cine

Quote from: SHAFTRanyone remember the little skit he did once
Muppet Faces of Death?

If anyone has a video link to this..let me know.  I've always wanted it.
Oh my god... Please... Yes... ANYONE...  :!:

SHAFTR

after reading the onion article, I keep noticing the Woos during the monologue.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Sleuth

Quote from: SHAFTRafter reading the onion article, I keep noticing the Woos during the monologue.

You mean you don't notice them when he constantly comments on them?  Why do you think he does that?  It gets repetitive but it sort of gives it an almost backstage feel to the show.  Hosts aren't supposed to do things like that, it really made me re-evaluate pretty much every other show with an audience and realized how lame and fake audiences usually are.
I like to hug dogs