Conan's the man!

Started by ono, October 16, 2003, 11:38:17 PM

matt35mm

Thank you so very much.  I needed a good laugh.

MacGuffin

It's a Boy for Conan O'Brien

NEW YORK - Conan O'Brien and his wife Liza Powel O'Brien have had their second child.

NBC announced Thursday that the "Late Night" host welcomed son Beckett into the world Wednesday evening at a weight of 8 pounds and 4 ounces.

"Mother, baby and father are all well," the statement said.

O'Brien, 42, and Powel have been married since 2002. Their first child, daughter Neve, was born in 2003.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

what was up with the Finnish guy the other nite, put him on suicide watch. besides him i think it was the funniest episode in a long time.. that dude Kevin Brennan was hilarious.. "like multiplying two negative numbers" = GOLD.

damn that Finnish guy with the visor pissed me off, he couldn't handle getting owned by his own country's president.
under the paving stones.

Pubrick

the recent show with alan cumming and sarah chalke was the best of the year so far. a great start to the year.

from the beginning "you the man!!!! :yabbse-angry:" gag to the new characters (evil puppy, federline food pyramid, drunk guy spooning dr joyce brothers!) it was just flat out hilarious.

alan cumming is one of the best guests, conan really hits it off with gay guys :shock:, and cumming is one of the coolest gay guys ever. sarah chalke was nice too, way funnier than the show she was promoting, which went downhill after heather graham guest starred (or is she still in it?). i might watch it again now, cos damn she looked fine.. really, really fine. and Living Things.. Living who?
under the paving stones.

Ravi

Quote from: Pubrick on January 09, 2006, 11:07:27 PM
sarah chalke was nice too, way funnier than the show she was promoting, which went downhill after heather graham guest starred (or is she still in it?). i might watch it again now, cos damn she looked fine.. really, really fine. and Living Things.. Living who?

That German word she said was hilarious.  Of course, Conan had to break out his faux German.

Max's US Army commercial and the trailer for the movie (or was it a TV show) with Conan and Robert Reich were classic Conan hilarity (I need to get a thesaurus).

Ravi

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060214/ap_en_tv/people_conan_o_brien

Conan O'Brien Meets With Finnish Leader
2 hours, 35 minutes ago

HELSINKI, Finland - Conan O'Brien, who endorsed the re-election of Tarja Halonen with mock ad campaigns, met the Finnish president Tuesday at the presidential palace in downtown Helsinki.

The "Late Night" host handed the Nordic country's first female president a Valentine's Day present, wrapped in red paper, as they posed for photographers before the closed-door meeting that was expected to last 15 minutes.

O'Brien, who resembles the fair-skinned, red-haired Halonen, had quipped that he wanted a six-hour audience.

Last year, O'Brien caused a political stir when he endorsed the 62-year-old Halonen for a second six-year term — which she won last month — because "she looks like him," using mock ad campaigns that backed her and attacked opponents.

On Saturday, O'Brien joked that he expected to be rewarded for endorsing Halonen with a Cabinet position as inspector of saunas, "mostly women's saunas."

Some 2,000 fans had waited hours in subfreezing temperatures to catch a glimpse of the quirky, self-deprecating talk-show host who is unusually popular in this small, taciturn nation on the northern fringe of Europe.

During the tour, O'Brien visited Arctic Lapland, some 500 miles north of the capital, with his film crew, and appeared on several Finnish TV shows.

Later Tuesday, he was to receive a TV award for being "the most surprising and entertaining TV personality in Finland."

MacGuffin

O'Brien to devote show to Finland trip

NEW YORK -- Conan O'Brien may be a talk-show host in America, but he's a god in Finland. On Friday, O'Brien will devote the whole of "Late Night" to recapping his recent trip to the Nordic country where he is surprisingly so popular. Thousands met him at the airport; he was mobbed wherever he went. "The whole experience was surreal. It was a fevered dream," O'Brien told the Associated Press in a phone interview. In Finland, his NBC show airs in primetime, though delayed three days. Seizing on his peculiar Nordic niche, O'Brien joked with his usual self-deprecating style: "(David) Hasselhoff is big in Germany, but I'm the king of Finland." O'Brien's Finnish popularity escalated in the past year as he increasingly made humorous references to his remarkable resemblance to Finland's equally carrot-topped president, Tarja Halonen. When she won re-election, her rival candidates wondered if O'Brien influenced the race.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

conan changed his floors.
under the paving stones.

Pubrick

garry shandling was the BEST guest of the year (so far). i felt bad for adam brody being stuck between two juggernauts of comedy who get along so sincerely and he's there just being a shill for a film no one really cares about, including himself.

san francisco this week.. they shoulda saved shandling for that! what a great guest.

similarly, conan was the best guest leno has had all year.
under the paving stones.

xerxes

I just drove by that last night. It's quite a sight. I also have tickets to Conan today but I gave them to my brother because I don't think I'd be able to make it.

pete

some kids I work with will be singing on wednesday night.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

MacGuffin

Conan @ Lucasfilm:

George Lucas on Conan:

Skeleton FilmWorks

cine

conan's gotta beard now.

its like late night tv went back to the renaissance period... except, with tv...

Pubrick

Quote from: Cinephile on January 03, 2008, 12:20:30 AM
conan's got a beard now.

so does dave!

leno's still a hairless chimp.

too bad conan's guests sucked.
under the paving stones.

modage

whoa.  somebody get me a picture.  i would start watching again for a beard. 

though it is technically bearduary.

edit:
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.