Conan's the man!

Started by ono, October 16, 2003, 11:38:17 PM

cine

I disagree with this, and I'm reminded of the exchange of dialogue in Groundhog Day about blood sausages. :wink:

blackmamba

Ok, Ok
I'll admit that Conan has gone down hill. (Andy was awesome)
But what else is there on TV? No, really. Conan is still better than most of the shit out there, and his interviews are still fun.

ono

The Strokes will be on Conan O'Brien every Tuesday in November, starting tonight.  Like, right now.  In about ... 40 minutes.

And, tonight was the first show with new opening credits, and a really funny cold opening with Max trying to host the show.  Just saying.

cine

I was going to post about this too. I loved the layout tonight. Max being ordered to sit back down and then cutting to this awesome new intro format was GREAT. I ate it all up. Not to mention Conan was just nuts tonight with Regina Hall... I'm looking forward to the Ferrell episode on thursday. Hopefully they have the Ferrell Edition of the Year 2000.

MacGuffin

Quote from: Weak2ndAct(I sorely miss Triumph, he's never on anymore

You can listen to him all you want now:

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ravi

On the Thursday November 6 episode they showed Triumph in Hawaii at the American Idol auditions.  He got kicked out, but he did make an appearance on the local news that had me in stitches.  The anchors were obviously trying not to crack up.

ono

And part two of Triumph's escapades will be on Conan's show tonight (11/7).

Pas

Haha Patrick Stewart was funny in "Secrets" !

ono

Conan just sang a duet with Dolly Parton.  Now that's good television!

ono

William H. Macy is on Conan like right now.  (Tuesday, 11/19)

metroshane

I didn't like Conan in the early years...but think he's grown into the kind of entertainer that entertains ME.  Hmm..to each his own.
We live in an age that reads too much to be intelligent and thinks too much to be beautiful.

Gamblour.

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: Weak2ndAct(I sorely miss Triumph, he's never on anymore

You can listen to him all you want now:

That is the best fucking cover EVER!
WWPTAD?

cine

For those of you that are fans of this man, Jim Gaffigan, he'll be on a new Conan tuesday night. I love the guy's act - I wish he had his own show.

Sleuth

Quote from: Cinephile
For those of you that are fans of this man, Jim Gaffigan, he'll be on a new Conan tuesday night. I love the guy's act - I wish he had his own show.

He's really good, I might see him New Years Eve
I like to hug dogs

Pubrick

Quote from: CinephileI love the guy's act - I wish he had his own show.
yeah he's great, did u guys not get to see his show Welcome To New York? we get reruns of it like at 3am. it's got sarah gilbert at her chubby best, jim plays a weatherman. it wasn't very good. i remember one time on conan he made a joke about looking like Philip Seymour Hoffman, and PSH was a guest that nite. good stuff.
under the paving stones.