Conan's the man!

Started by ono, October 16, 2003, 11:38:17 PM

Pubrick

Quote from: RaviThe Future of Television by Conan O'Brien
that was hilarious, i'm gonna steal this idea..
Quote from: the manAs reality television becomes ubiquitous, being unknown becomes cool. Oprah proclaims that "Anonymity Is the New Fame," and the hottest new program is a worldwide search for someone who has never been on television. The winner, an 80-year-old Maori tribesman, is soon on every magazine cover and is spotted canoodling in the bar of the Four Seasons with Tara Reid.
under the paving stones.

Gamblour.

HOLY SHIT. I laughed my ass off. That was awesome. Notably the kinky sex and 10 hours of Gunsmoke.
WWPTAD?

Fernando

FYI.

The conezone site has uploaded the very first show dated 9-13-93.

http://conezone.co.uk/

Ravi

Thanks for posting that.  I've always wanted to see the first show.  Even then it was hilarious.  I had no idea that Actual Items started this early.  And Conan singing Edelweiss at the end must be the precursor to the lullaby he does every once in a while.

Pubrick

Quote from: Fernandohttp://conezone.co.uk/
RIP..

Quote from: dude who ran ConeZoneVERY BAD NEWS

I just got a very unpleasant email from NBC Universal. They have demanded that I take down all video clips from the show. I'm forced to acquiesce since I'm not exactly equipped to deal with the legal department at NBC Universal. This site is (was) for people who don't get Conan on TV. If they had the opportunity to watch him on TV they would. How else are visitors going to enjoy the show now? Oh well.

So I guess this is the end of conzone.co.uk. Just want to say thanks to everyone who sent emails thanking me for enabling them to watch Conan every week. I hope you will be able to find other ways of seeing the program.

Björn Flóki
Reykavík, Iceland
under the paving stones.

72teeth

Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

Fernando

Quote from: Pubrick
Quote from: Fernandohttp://conezone.co.uk/
RIP..

That's very very bad news, I swear a minute ago I was thinking that monday I'd be downloading the show with Richard Lewis.

Fucking legal departments!

FUCKKKKK!!!!!!!

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: pubrickRIP

Do you ever feel like breaking down?
Do you ever feel out of place?
Like somehow you just don't belong
And no one understands you
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Ravi

Quote from: Walrus
Quote from: pubrickRIP

Do you ever feel like breaking down?
Do you ever feel out of place?
Like somehow you just don't belong
And no one understands you

:yabbse-grin:  :yabbse-grin:  :yabbse-grin:  :bravo:  :bravo:  :bravo:

Garam

matt35mm

Oh Conan.

I had written out a whole rant on how much I hate that song, and then Conan and his crack team of writers found the perfect way to use it.

cine

the lost joke from clutch cargo with bush

conan: mr. president, you've received a lot of negative criticism for not going to the gulf coast as soon as you heard the disaster was going to occur.
bush: oh, i did conan. i did 18 holes at the --
conan: no, no, no. mr. president. that's a golf course. i said the gulf coast.
bush: ohh, i couldn't play there now, conan. are you crazy?

Fernando

U2 on Conan today.

The band will be there the entire hour.

Please someone tape this, I have an address in the u.s. so you can send me the tape, I can paypal you the s&h.

MacGuffin

Quote from: FernandoU2 on Conan today.

The band will be there the entire hour.

Please someone tape this, I have an address in the u.s. so you can send me the tape, I can paypal you the s&h.

Pay up, sucka.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

pete

"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton