Conan's the man!

Started by ono, October 16, 2003, 11:38:17 PM

ono

Beat me to the punch.  Dammit!  Even posted the same article I was gonna post.  This is very, very, very good news.  :-D  I can only hope this won't result in Conan being watered down.  Though it probably will a bit.  There's no way he can get away with everything he does at 11:30.

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

ono

Sleuth

That's weird, did you edit your post or something?

oh well, I was asking how it was very very good news for you
I like to hug dogs

Pubrick

Quote from: Sleuthoh well, I was asking how it was very very good news for you
he owns 40% of conan.
under the paving stones.

ono

Quote from: Pubrick
Quote from: Sleuthoh well, I was asking how it was very very good news for you
he owns 40% of conan.
Exactly.

I just said it was good news in general.  I did add the thing about the show potentially being watered down, and I cringe to think of what kind of show will fall in Conan's time slot.

Pedro

Quote from: ono.I cringe to think of what kind of show will fall in Conan's time slot.
dude, carson rocks.

ono

I wasn't even thinking about Carson.  Don't know if that's sarcasm, don't really care.  I always envisioned him staying put.  Why would they move him forward?  He's no comedian.  His jokes are horrible -- even worse than most people think Leno's are.  It would be interesting -- if that's even the word for it -- to see what he does with a 12:30 show.  But he's not the type of person you think about when considering hosts for a new show like that.  Finding the balance between (thinking about the newer shows) Jimmy Kimmel and Craig Kilborn (both not that great) will be hard.  And most likely, it'll be someone totally unknown.  It worked with Conan, so why not again?

Ravi

It would be a funny sketch to have Conan finding replacements for him and auditioning various people.  Andy Blitz, Pierre Bernard, Abe Vigoda, etc.

ono

So Bill O'Reilly is sitting on a washing machine, talking to Conan O'Brien on the telephone.  He says to Conan, "Ask me why I'm like Election Day."  Conan says, "Okay, why are you like Election Day?"  He says, "Because Election Day is coming soon!  OOOOOOOHH!"

So yeah, that was from the rerun that aired late tonight/this morning/whatever.  Nothing really spectacular from this week, though I liked the freaky camera angle employed during tonight's monologue.  I'm sure the bat segment was hilarious, but I didn't get to see much of it.  Was out of the room.  Will Arnette was brutal.  His stuff about Bateman was great, especially Justine playing his love interest on Arrested Development.  Said it before, but Conan needs to do Monday shows.  Four a week isn't enough.  He can make it up with more vacation in the summer, I don't care.  It just doesn't make sense.  Considering though that I only have a four-day week right now, I can understand the appeal, but a job you love has to be different.

cine

He sleeps at my house on mondays. Leave him be.

Ravi

Quote from: ono.So Bill O'Reilly is sitting on a washing machine, talking to Conan O'Brien on the telephone.  He says to Conan, "Ask me why I'm like Election Day."  Conan says, "Okay, why are you like Election Day?"  He says, "Because Election Day is coming soon!  OOOOOOOHH!"

Hehe, I saw that on Friday also.  I love how Conan is skewering O'Reilly on a heated steel pike (which I'm sure O'Reilly is doing to himself right now).  Remember when he was on the show?  He had his head turned away from the audience the whole time, as if he was afraid to look at the audience.

ono

The World's Fastest Menorah, Bungee-Jumping Baby Jesus, and Rocket-Powered Fruit Cake have shown me the true meaning of Christmas!  Not to mention vomiting Kermit serving up his own special egg nog.

Pubrick

HD killed the SD star.
under the paving stones.

Ravi