Conan's the man!

Started by ono, October 16, 2003, 11:38:17 PM

ono

So, like, we all know Conan O'Brien is the freakin' man, and now, he's procreated, and he's gonna talk about it tonight on his show, which is just starting on the east coast.  So yeah, this thread is basically about how much he rules.  (And, you know, you can watch it if you want.)

Carry on.

Sleuth

His kid should have a talk show with Andy Richter's kid and Letterman's kid in 20 something years
I like to hug dogs

cine

This is the best show Conan could have done for Neve..
1. If They Mated (w/ Uma & Quentin)
2. Lullaby (w/Sox/Yanks fight)
3. Conan's drinking his face off
4. Making fun of Neve's new toys
5. 'Going to third base with a fish'

Raikus

If They Mated (Conan O'Brien and David Letterman)

Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Fernando

Quote from: Cinephile

The funniest was the one with Osama and Saddam, and if they mated, they would have the Cubs fan that catched the ball.

That guy has to move to another state or country, if he doesn't his life there will be miserable.

Ravi

Quote from: CinephileThis is the best show Conan could have done for Neve..
2. Lullaby (w/Sox/Yanks fight)
3. Conan's drinking his face off
4. Making fun of Neve's new toys
5. 'Going to third base with a fish'

Imagine having Natasha Henstridge on the show and kissing a fish.

The best shot in the lullaby was the one with Arnold Schwarzenegger and George W. Bush suddenly appearing next to him.  The timing was perfect.

I started watching at the beginning of Tim Robbins' interview.  I didn't even expect any new shows this week, so I was watching a movie.  When the movie ended, I was surprised to see a new episode.

He'll probably take next week off.

Letterman mentioned Neve one or two nights ago, probably because his own baby is on the way.

Sleuth

Next week is reruns, correct
I like to hug dogs

Fernando

Quote from: tremoloslothNext week is reruns, correct

How do you know this? and, Where do you check in advance whose going to be the guests for the week?

In the nbc site only lists tonights guests.

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

ono

Whoa, cool.  According to this, Chuck Palahniuk is going to be on Conan on Thursday, October 30th.

Sleuth

Yeah, that week is going to be so great for me, Norm Macdonald, Al Franken, Chuck Palahniuk, David Cross
I like to hug dogs

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: OnomatopoeiaWhoa, cool.  According to this, Chuck Palahniuk is going to be on Conan on Thursday, October 30th.

That's Must-See TV!
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

blackmamba

Chuck Palahniuk is the man, and Conan is the man. And that makes one fucking cool show that I am going to watch.

freakerdude

Slam me.......but Conan has been on a down swing in the last few years. I can't even bear to watch his ridiculous dancing entry with a sad spin move, his "we've got a really great show this time, I'm not just saying that" routine, and all the other stuff he does to take up time.

I really liked him during his earlier years but seems to have lost his touch, IMO. Even next day reruns on Comedy Central doesn't make it worth it. I think he is struggling and Craig "Stuck On Himself" Kilborn is what I now prefer to watch.
MC Pee Pants

Weak2ndAct

Freaker--
Funny you should write that, I just had a conversation w/ my roommate about this too.  I too, have lost interest in the show.  Maybe it's the lack of Andy and some of the supporting players (I sorely miss Triumph, he's never on anymore), or just that I'm tired of the same thing ever night.  And I find it kind of sad that he always has to pick on the band members (like telling Labamba to "stay away from my daughter") all the time for cheap laughs.
Kilborn's a prick, sure.  But he knows it.  And damn if I don't love 'What up?'