Bottle Rocket

Started by Spike, May 09, 2003, 02:02:32 AM

ElPandaRoyal

I saw this movie this sunday on TV for the first time... can't tell you how much I've waited to see the damn movie. My thougts..... simple: brilliant. Great directing, great shots, great characters, performances, dialogue, timing, soundtrack (I can't get over "Alone Again Or"), great costume design and of course, Kumar  :-D

I would also like to say, by the way, that I think Luke Wilson doesnt get all the attention he deserves. He's an amazing actor and while people seem fast in recognizing (and rightfully so) the genious of Wes and Owen, they seem to forget Luke..... those bastards!!
Si

Ghostboy

That's cause he keeps playing such a boring pansy in movies like Alex & Emma (and the sequels to Legally Blonde and Charlies Angels, in which he plays the same character, I think). At least in Owen's sell-out films, he still acts stoned and goofy. I love Luke, but have grown weary with seeing him in most films that aren't directed by Wes.

jokerspath

I find him to be a charming son of a bitch...

aw
THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

AntiDumbFrogQuestion

can't wait to see the movie Luke is supposedly directing. He may be working in dumb movies for the groundlings and to keep up his skills, but at least he's sophisticating himself within the realm of the motion picture. Bottle Rocket is my favorite.

tpfkabi

i think i saw TRT first in the theater........then BR........then Rushmore

i'm not sure if i had ever laughed so much in a theater when seeing TRT.

then my roommate rented BR. i didn't like it.

later i decided to rent Rushmore and loved it. played the Nothing in This World & I Am Waiting scenes a million times over.

rented BR again and still didn't like it.

i guess that was a year ago. i didn't really remember anything about BR, so i decided to give it another chance.........and i fell in love!

great, great stuff...........i ended up watching it 4 times while i had it...........i watched a kinda jumpy VHS copy..........does Widescreen add a lot to the framing.....etc?

i really want to see it in Widescreen DVD format, but can't find that to rent. i hate to buy it since it recently went down in price.......maybe the possibility of re-release?.........i would be happy simply with the film, the trailer and the orig. short.......but of course commentary would be nice
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Gamblour.

Royal Tenenbaums, I liked it. Rushmore, I didn't really like it. I dunno why, I wish I could, but I can't. But I love Bottle Rocket, definitely my favorite. Too bad Criterion doesn't sell it.
WWPTAD?

Crash

i just saw the 13 minute movie by wes anderson (bottlerocket). i loved it so frikin' much! especially at the end where they race! that's serious comdey right there! anyway, yeah wes is seriously one of the most innocent directors out there. what a genius!
"Drum roll please...I'm gonna be a screenwriter! Like you!"

Spike

I finished watching "Bottle Rocket" once more! Godamn, this movie is getting time by time better! Now I think it's my favourite film by Wes.
The chase at the end is fucking great, the music's amazing: "Oh, Daddy!..."

"BOB STOLE HIS CAR!!!"

"YOU'RE ALWAYS OUT OF THIS BUILDING!" - "NO, NOT ALWAYS!" - "YES, ALWAYS!!!"

Dignan is one of the coolest film characters in film history!
"We're gonna celebrate St. Suck-My-Big-Fat-Fucking-Sausage'a!!!"

tpfkabi

yeah, the use of 2000 Man is great.
i just bought Between the Buttons and Her Satanic Majesties Request last week for the songs off of BR and TRT.

i guess the Stones don't let you put their tracks on Soundtracks. that's a shame because WEs really knows how to use them!
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

modage

they do. it probably just costs a fortune.

BLOW (cant you hear me knocking)
MOONLIGHT MILE (moonlight mile)

both have the songs on the soundtracks.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

coffeebeetle

Quotei guess the Stones don't let you put their tracks on Soundtracks.

Yeah man, that pissed me off too.  The same with The Big Chill...but I guess "you can't always get what you want.." :P
more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
woody allen (side effects - 1980)

bonanzataz

yeah, but i hear to actually use one of their songs in a movie isn't as expensive as you'd think.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

kotte

I can't get to the wilson brothers website...you where else I can get my hands on the short?

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: taz.yeah, but i hear to actually use one of their songs in a movie isn't as expensive as you'd think.

Wes said the if they didn't get studio backup (you know, with James L. Brooks producing and all), they wouldn't have been able to afford the Stones on the soundtrack.

Quote from: kotteI can't get to the wilson brothers website...you where else I can get my hands on the short?

I think the media section of www.wesanderson.org has it too.
Si

kotte

Great! Thanks!

EDIT: ah crap...that one was linked to the wilson page...and that's apparently "forbidden"...fuck