confessions rerelease

Started by sphinx, April 05, 2003, 03:09:54 PM

sphinx

for those of you who didn't manage to catch confessions of a dangerous mind in theatres, it's being re-released, and the dvd is bumped to september.  huz'zah!

russiasusha

Guess that means i'm back on zigzag!
Movies before 1930 suck

Duck Sauce

Ernie

That sucks dick. September is the worst month of the year.

Gold Trumpet

i had little interest to see this movie to begin with, but made a bet with myself that when it came on video (latest being late june) that I would rent it like I rent a lot of movies during summer vacation. Now that it is being re released, (what fucking award did it win to deserve this?) I will be able to hear of how it is going to theatres nowhere near my city and wait a few more months for video release. My patience is dwindling with this movie. By the time it is released, the year in question, 2002, will definitely be over for me and all decisions on it done.

~rougerum

Derek

Quote from: The Gold Trumpeti had little interest to see this movie to begin with, but made a bet with myself that when it came on video (latest being late june) that I would rent it like I rent a lot of movies during summer vacation. Now that it is being re released, (what fucking award did it win to deserve this?) I will be able to hear of how it is going to theatres nowhere near my city and wait a few more months for video release. My patience is dwindling with this movie. By the time it is released, the year in question, 2002, will definitely be over for me and all decisions on it done.

~rougerum

You take all this very seriously.
It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: The Gold Trumpetwhat fucking award did it win to deserve this?

"Best Debut Film" at the 2003 Xixax Awards.

Gold Trumpet

very good JB. I stand corrected.

MacGuffin

In today's news is the return of Confessions of a Dangerous Mind. After a theatrical re-release to push the little-seen George Clooney-directed biopic, this look at the larger-than-life Chuck Barris will now street on September 9th. Presented in 2.40:1 anamorphic widescreen and Dolby Digital 5.1 surround, extras include an audio commentary with Clooney and director of photography Newton Thomas Sigel, 11 deleted scenes, 2 featurettes, screen tests, five of The Gong Show's greatest acts, a still gallery and trailers. Retail will set you back $29.95.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

TheVoiceOfNick

I wonder if Soderberg secretly designed the DVD just he secretly did everything else in this movie!

Nick

markums2k

Quote from: TheVoiceOfNickI wonder if Soderberg secretly designed the DVD just he secretly did everything else in this movie!

Nick

No, no, you have it backwards.  Soderberg is Clooney's bitch.  Or, maybe they take turns.  I dunno.  I just know I want to be in on it.

I will go see Confessions this time around.  Life is full of second chances...

chainsmoking insomniac

I'm going to see it again.  I didn't have high hopes for it when I went to see it the first time, but I was shocked shitless.  Sam Rockwell was superb.
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

jokerspath

Quote from: Ghoulardi GoonSam Rockwell was superb.

Rockwell is always superb, especially in the Stella skit "Bored".  Try http://www.stellacomedy.com/video.html

aw
THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

Sleuth

Stella rocks.  I love you, jokerspath

awwwwwww
I like to hug dogs

modage

hey!  great, what a shitty cover.  i'm surprised they didnt leave off sam rockwell for julia roberts.  i'm sure if they took 5 more minutes they could photoshop that right up.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.