I Just Bought...

Started by ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ, October 25, 2003, 05:14:10 PM

MacGuffin

Was it not cheaper just to buy the box set?

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

i did.  i just find the individual pictures more impressive.  :yabbse-grin:   

i was only going to get The Searchers and Stagecoach but alone just those would've been $40, and the ENTIRE box set was only $45 so i decided it was worth the upgrade.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Ravi

Tower Records 40% off sale for about $15.  Not many deals there, since their stuff is mostly at MSRP, but some prices were comparable to DDD's current 20% off sale.

SiliasRuby

The Elephant Man
Sports Night-The Complete Series
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

A Matter Of Chance

gob

nix

I'm sure I'm not the first person  to find used criterions at blockbuster but almost a year ago I picked up "In the Mood for Love" for 7.99(!) and yesterday I ran across Salvatore Giuliano for 7.99(!) plus my employee friend's discount (!!). I told him to keep an eye out for more (being as how this particular blockbuster has a better than fair criterion selection).
"Sex relieves stress, love causes it."
-Woddy Allen

edison

26 bucks at dvdplanets 20% off sale (code is 20OFFSALE and it ends 11/26) but wait till right after that and they are doing the $10 off $30 google checkout deal

SiliasRuby

The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ravi

matt35mm

Got those used at good prices.

And FINALLY, through the DDD sale for $30...

samsong

Chest Rockwell