(Wes Anderson) Da wickedest Wes film

Started by brockly, May 20, 2003, 06:27:08 AM

brockly

I'm surprised nobody has started this thread, so I desided to grease my fingures and put it to action, cause im the coolest. Don't you tell me im not!

I think Rushmore.

Teddy

RUSHMORE.  Of course, I haven't seen BOTTLE ROCKET.
"I saved Latin.  What did you ever do?"

Spike

I think THE ROYAL TENENBAUMS
"We're gonna celebrate St. Suck-My-Big-Fat-Fucking-Sausage'a!!!"

Keener

This is too hard. I love them all. Rushmore and The Royal Tennanbaums are neck and neck.
Alabama Film Forum
Uniting film lovers and filmmakers of Alabama

Redlum

\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

Crash

i just saw rushmore last night and in the middle of it i decided that i was my favorite movie ever. i loved it! it was hilarious and i kept laughing out loud by myself. and i my mom hit me cuz i was too loud. i know my buddy jonny's gonna love it. seriously, i thought it was genius. and i kinda had a feeling that it had a royal tenebaums feel to it. though i didnn't finish seeing all of the royal tenebaums i'm sure that rushmore was funnier. anyway, catch y'all on the flip side
"Drum roll please...I'm gonna be a screenwriter! Like you!"

children with angels

Yeah, I think Rushmore too - although I've never seen Bottle Rocket. I find Rushmore a lot more moving than Tenebaums - probably because I relate to Max a lot more than any of the Tenenbaum family. I also think it's funnier (Bill Murry is pure genius in this, wheras in Tenebaums he was merely okay, and criminally underused). I could watch Rushmore forever, I felt Tenebaums actually started getting less good after the third time...
"Should I bring my own chains?"
"We always do..."

http://www.alternatetakes.co.uk/
http://thelesserfeat.blogspot.com/

ben

my vote also goes to rushmore. Max Fischer was one of the greatest characters ever created, and it had one of the most amusing opening scenes. Bottle Rocket would be next in line, and TRT would come right after that.

Pozer

ROY-AL with cheeze

that one's for you Mr. BK

AK

RUSHMORE by far....

TRT could be a master piece as much as Rushmore but Wes wanted  everything so weirdo, so strange that I think he missed the point in some parts of the movie...instead Rushmore got timing, and script and characters are perfect....the best comedy of 90's.

Royal Tenenbaum

Rushmore... because it was the one that made me a fan.

Teddy

The reason I chose RUSHMORE is that I just connected with it on such a personal level, maybe more so than any other movie I have ever seen.  ROYAL TENENBAUMS is great too, but I just love RUSHMORE too much.  RUSHMORE's my favorite film of all time.

oakmanc234

'Rushmore' & 'Tenenbaums' are really close, REALLY CLOSE, but 'Tenenbaums' wins from the added bonus of the track suit wearing Stiller & sons. Can't say I thought too much of 'Bottle Rocket'. His next two are really where the party's at......
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

Teddy

Never saw BOTTLE ROCKET.

Royal Tenenbaum

You should check it out if you like the latests two Andersons. One first viewing you may not connect it two closely to R or TRT, but it actually shares many of the same themes.