Little Women

Started by Alethia, August 13, 2019, 02:06:01 PM

Alethia

WorldForgot

This makes me very, very glad. The cinematography and production design are LUSH, the cast is STACKED, and of course, in Greta Gerwig's Lady Bird we've seen she's deft with tone... Idk if it'll be as good as CATS, but it'll defo be an Academy contender.

Capote

This looks like someone programmed an AI to make an indie movie. The casting, the way it looks, the source material.. it just all looks very uninspired.
Will watch it for my boy Timothee though.
Nah fuck this. I have a choice between shit with the FBI or Getting my fucking IP leaked? you guys are fucked. im not leaking shit. leak my fucking IP, Im done

jenkins

©brad

Quote from: jenkins on January 14, 2020, 12:08:25 AM
it's better than bad

Ha. This is mostly accurate. The film certainly confirms Lady Bird wasn't a one-off. Greta has it, especially with actors.

Jeremy Blackman

Guys. GUYS. This movie is amazing. I expected to like it. But I loved it to the core of my being. Not sure I even have the vocabulary to properly explain why, but something Greta Gerwig does, especially here, just flawlessly works for me. There's a soulful realness that just shatters every barrier I have and deeply resonates with me.

This is one of the most brilliantly structured films I've ever seen. And yet, all of that seems so effortless. What kind of unnatural spellcraft does the wizard Gerwig have access to? It's just so PERFECT.

Saoirse Ronan's performance is astonishing. So much vitality and beautiful complexity.