PTA Mondo Posters

Started by RegularKarate, May 13, 2013, 05:38:56 PM

abuck1220

boogie nights sold out in two minutes. this is impossible.

Pubrick

pfft, don't worry about it. they're just fan art anyway.

it's not like PTA had anything to do with them.

two of them are kind of pretty, but even then, certainly not worth the price/effort.
under the paving stones.

modage

Not crazy about any of these (though I like "Hard Eight" best so I picked up that one) and kinda surprised that PTA approved them. Not Mondo's best by a long shot. Even if some of them kinda work as art, they don't really capture the spirit of the film ("Magnolia"?)
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pubrick

Quote from: modage on May 15, 2013, 11:54:24 AM
(though I like "Hard Eight" best so I picked up that one)

see, only people with "connections" will manage to get one, so don't even bother.

make your own poster based on what the movie means to you and hang that up instead.

hell, polkablues could come up with something better than these dickheads and give it up for free like he's been doing for years.

oi polk, play us a ditty. a chopin ditty.
under the paving stones.

modage

The "Hard Eight" one was actually available for a couple hours yesterday, I was surprised since there were only 300-some total but I guess the fanbase there is pretty limited...

Imagine the other ones will go much quicker.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Reel

Quote from: Pubrick on May 15, 2013, 12:03:20 PM
hell, polkablues could come up with something better than these dickheads and give it up for free like he's been doing for years.

oi polk, play us a ditty. a chopin ditty.

Polka's got an awesome 'Master' poster up his sleeve. He knows the one. Get it done!

Sleepless

^ I'm guessing it pretty much "writes" itself

so to speak
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

abuck1220

magnolia sold out immediately apparently. got a PDL one...which now is also sold out. it lasted maybe 30 seconds longer than magnolia.

modage

Jeremy Blackman

abuck1220

435 of the regular one + 200 of the variant = gone in four minutes.

i added one to my cart and then it just froze.

abuck1220

already 13 listed on ebay...