Post your DVD Deals

Started by SHAFTR, November 17, 2003, 11:44:42 PM

john

Next Tuesday, Barnes and Noble will begin selling all their Criterion titles at 50% off. The sale lasts until the beginning of August.

However, they are already selling a few titles, in store, at this price.

I picked up Wise Blood, My Dinner With Andre, Pigs Pimps and Prostitutes, and The Friends of Eddie Coyle today.
Maybe every day is Saturday morning.

MacGuffin

Quote from: john on July 07, 2009, 08:09:23 PM
Next Tuesday, Barnes and Noble will begin selling all their Criterion titles at 50% off. The sale lasts until the beginning of August.

The two closest b&n stores to me I'm pretty sure don't sell DVDs.  :yabbse-angry:
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

SiliasRuby

Quote from: MacGuffin on July 07, 2009, 08:33:08 PM

The two closest b&n stores to me I'm pretty sure don't sell DVDs.  :yabbse-angry:
which ones are those? I'll let you know if they do...
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

MacGuffin

Quote from: SiliasRuby on July 07, 2009, 11:13:44 PM
Quote from: MacGuffin on July 07, 2009, 08:33:08 PM

which ones are those? I'll let you know if they do...

West Covina and Puente Hills. I may have to go to Fullerton.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

tpfkabi

Question - will this extend to their website?

I hope so - I would love to buy the new Godards at 50% off and also pick up some priors I have missed waiting on the DDD sale that doesn't seem to be coming. =(
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

SiliasRuby

Quote from: bigideas on July 08, 2009, 07:44:19 AM

Question - will this extend to their website?

I hope so - I would love to buy the new Godards at 50% off and also pick up some priors I have missed waiting on the DDD sale that doesn't seem to be coming. =(
and without getting out of your pajamas at the same time.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

tpfkabi

There is a B&N around here, but I have never seen any DVD/Video/Music there like I have at other locations.

MacGuffin

Received a flyer from DeepDiscount DVD:

Sale July 17th through August 2nd. Take an additional 25% off Blu-Rays & DVDs. Enter promo code: HOTSTUFF

Skeleton FilmWorks

Stefen

Hey everyone my birthday is July 20th.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

tpfkabi

i'm on DDD's e-mail list and ain't got a dang thing.

who's already compared the two sales:
is 50% B&N cheaper than 25% DDD - in regards to Criterion?

if not,
i'll just figure it later when i try to figure out what i need.
i do need some non-Criterion, so i'll definitely be dealing with DDD.

MacGuffin

Quote from: bigideas on July 14, 2009, 01:08:30 PM

It's around the same roughly; matters of dollars and cents. B&N gives you free shipping (expedited too) on orders over $25, but they also charge tax to every state that allows it. I say go with B&N if you are planning to buy in bulk, and are tired of DDD always being sold out. Order will ship quicker too. However, the sale Criterions at B&N online are on selected titles (My Dinner With Andre, for example is not on sale).

Skeleton FilmWorks

tpfkabi

Quote from: MacGuffin on July 14, 2009, 02:51:00 PM
Quote from: bigideas on July 14, 2009, 01:08:30 PM

It's around the same roughly; matters of dollars and cents. B&N gives you free shipping (expedited too) on orders over $25, but they also charge tax to every state that allows it. I say go with B&N if you are planning to buy in bulk, and are tired of DDD always being sold out. Order will ship quicker too. However, the sale Criterions at B&N online are on selected titles (My Dinner With Andre, for example is not on sale).

ah, thanks.
i'll have to see how they handle the Godard titles on Tues.

MacGuffin

VALID AT BORDERS.COM THROUGH 7/19/09

all DVD & Blu-ray Discs
buy 2, get 3rd free

Borders.com Promotion code: BCD6344F

http://www.bordersmedia.com/coup/coupondvdbogo0716.asp?cmpid=SA_20090716_REW

Skeleton FilmWorks

The Perineum Falcon

Quote from: bigideas on July 15, 2009, 01:05:15 PM
i'll have to see how they handle the Godard titles on Tues.
They're not up for discount, either.

It seems all the most recent releases are not.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.