Irreversible DVD

Started by cinemanarchist, August 05, 2003, 08:25:27 PM

Lucinda Bryte

Quote from: tremoloslothWe don't use the eye roll thing here, that's an official rule

baby

Aw that's too bad... I used to roll my eyes to my parents when I was a pre-teen and thought I had the world figured out.

Maybe that just didn't go away!

Weak2ndAct

Okay, here's what I've dug up.  Noe turned in a commentary and some other features way past the deadline for the master, so this is what we're getting for now.  There might be a 'signature series' down the road (with the way things have been going at Lion's Gate, I would almost expect it-- Chinese Box anyone?) with those features added on.  Don't expect 'Carne' or any other shorts though, Noe refused to add those.

edison

Thats a kick ass making if doc, i had no idea how much work went into making that film.

Finn

I just finished watching this movie about 5 minutes ago. I'm sure this movie will stick with me for a long time after having seen it. It's certainly one of the darkest, most disturbing movies to come around in years. There's been all this talk about that one certain rape scene. Although it was tough enough to sit through that you feel like putting your hands over your eyes, I didn't think that it was the most disturbing part of the movie. The movie has all this other stuff before that scene even occurs. The camera goes all over the place so much I felt like I was gonna be sick within the first 10 minutes. But I think the movie is profound, heart-breaking, truthful and I'm sure it'll be on my ten list (haven't made it out yet).
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

Pedro

your avatar makes me sick

Finn

So many great directors, so little time.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

NEON MERCURY

..yeah this film stick in your head after awhile.....annnd it makes me wonder is it art or just trash.(i.e. kids).....ans i came to my connclusioon that i thinnk it is art....

SPOILERS

first off i loved that "camera on a string" sh*t...i find that kinnd of stuff refreshing ..and innnvigorating....its neat to watch it ...i never elt sick....the face beating sequence was hard to watch....and the effects are amazing.....and the whole leading up to that scen was so energetic..annd badass...yeah all that stuff was sick but .it got an effect out of me....the rape scene was executed perfectly.....in terms of the way it was shot...with the camera that just ....BOOM-..drops on the floor annd your POV  is belluci's pain.....and then afterwards ...right before the guy smashes her face the camera traces towards them and makes a drilling sound as it approaches then the chaos connntinnues.....its the way that whole sequennce (grannted it was phucked up)......but it was filmed with a fresh sense that gives it a difffferent annnlgle ...rather than steadicam the whole thing......then the party scene later was fabulas in a quasi-scorcesse fashion....then pretty much everything after that was peachy.....the bedroom scenes were solid....and the whole ending spiral sh*t was cool......spiraling outh of conntrol.....or something ...i donn't know really.......im nnot the keen in delving into the "meanings" of all films ...i nnneed to watch it more i guess.....buit i still feel tthat it is artistic.....and warrants more accolades......this aslo made my original list of 30 ..for the dekapenticon....

onne thing though......whats with the 2001 poster reference on the wall....?

socketlevel

lions gate are a bunch of fuckers, i emailed them for a straight year, every week (just saved the message and kept on sending it) about the exact same problem with "Bully."  they don't give a shit about the customer because they gave me some lame excuse and never answered my real questions!  i was hoping they'd want to buy my friendship by giving me some free dvds or something but nothing ever happened.  i even threatened sending out mass emails to deface their company.  i really wanted the larry clarke commentary (his for another day in paradise is a good one).

lol... i know it's kind of pathetic but i hate being short changed on my dvds!

-sl-
the one last hit that spent you...

Ghostboy

Quote from: NEON MERCURYonne thing though......whats with the 2001 poster reference on the wall....?

It symbolized her just-discovered pregnancy.

Also, Noe detractors will be quick to point out that he's simply trying to reach greatness by association. He does love Kubrick, though.

Finn

That's what I thought the poster was there for. But I expected the movie to open with her walking down the tunnel and it instead opens with two guys in what looks like a jail cell. The first line in the movie is "Time Destroys Everything" and they start talking. Does that scene have anything to do with the rest of the movie?

Pubrick

Quote from: SydneyDoes that scene have anything to do with the rest of the movie?
without having seen the movie, i'm assuming that is sumone in jail for the murder of sumone else. and they're talking about what the whole thing is about.
under the paving stones.

Fernando

Quote from: P
Quote from: SydneyDoes that scene have anything to do with the rest of the movie?
without having seen the movie, i'm assuming that is sumone in jail for the murder of sumone else. and they're talking about what the whole thing is about.

:shock:   P, I think you got it right.

RegularKarate

This movie is dreck... I wish I hadn't wasted my time on it.  

If you haven't seen it don't... if you saw it and liked it... SUCKER!  Maybe I'll go film myself killing a puppy, run it backwards, then send it to you and you can give me money.

Finn

Those two guys were obviously in there for doing something to other people, but not to anybody that's in the movie. They weren't the ones that raped or killed any of the main characters. So, what's the purpose?

Ghostboy

Quote from: SydneyThose two guys were obviously in there for doing something to other people, but not to anybody that's in the movie.

What about bashing an innocent man's head open with a fire extinguisher?