Boardwalk Empire: The Birth, High Times, and Corruption of Atlantic City

Started by MacGuffin, March 06, 2007, 01:27:40 AM

picolas

my biggest problem with michael pitt is that he tends to suck. acting-wise.

Alexandro

he can be good in the right movie. i liked his performance in last days and funny games. he was ok in hedwig, he is mostly ok but unmemorable. I don't see what the big deal is one way or another. He doesn't ruin things, though he certainly hasn't proved yet to be someone who elevate things either.

©brad

I thought he was pretty good in the Dreamers. That reminds me I really want to watch that again.

The Perineum Falcon

Quote from: ©brad on March 18, 2010, 10:46:55 AM
I thought he was pretty good in the Dreamers. That reminds me I really want to watch that again.
It's certainly not a film that ages well. Since I've seen or own all the films they make reference to thru-out, I'd rather watch those again.
The acting is pretty forgettable overall (Green's vagina gives the best performance), but that could just be a symptom of a lazy and terrible script.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

Stefen

Quote from: The Perineum Falcon on March 18, 2010, 03:48:27 PM
Quote from: ©brad on March 18, 2010, 10:46:55 AM
The acting is pretty forgettable overall (Green's vagina gives the best performance)

haha.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

polkablues

Quote from: ρ on March 16, 2010, 07:57:57 PM
this explains his recent decision to make a KIDS movie. are you kidding me? it's cos when he had all he could eat of one baby-faced actor and moved onto another, he then went to the fucking OCEAN of baby faces. is anyone else getting this? i hope he gets over his addiction after The Invention of Hugo Cabret cos this cannot end well.

My house, my rules, my coffee

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

cine

modage

HBO's Martin Scorsese-Terence Winter Prohibition drama series will debut Sunday, Sept. 19 at 9PM.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Gold Trumpet

The first episode was so much fun. Hard to evaluate on a critical level because the show is just feeling itself out with the characters, but I ate up every story and reference because I am a history buff for this period so this show is candy for me. The first episode made me imagine many season's worth of material. It can go so many routes. The good thing is that it can get a lot better and more detailed with interesting avenues of history. The first episode had to be general like this. I say this because I still have yet to watch a show which matches its best film counterpart so while I expect to continue to watch this show with fascination, I know this film will have to continue to grow to meet its potential level.

Sleepless

Like GT, there's not a whole lot I can say at this point on the show. It's still taking shape. Not a bad thing, The Wire and Treme both took time to come together, and I am excited for this. This is also the cover story in the current issue of Creative Screenwriting - really good article if anyone is interested.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Bethie

who likes movies anyway

cine

great first two eps. loving it so far. apparently the casting is all wonky on purpose in some parts. for example, i read if this was done accurately the person buscemi plays would have realistically been played by gandolfini.

really liking vincent piazza in this too.

ElPandaRoyal

I've seen the first episode and loved it. It was directed like a Martin Scorsese film, meaning pure class, excellent camera work and editing, and wonderful performances. Looking forward for the next few episodes, which I plan to see soon.
Si