The Racer and the Jailbird

Started by wilder, June 26, 2017, 03:45:02 PM

wilder

Takes place in the fast-paced world of racing, and centers on a story of love at first sight when gangster Gino aka 'Gigi' (Schoenaerts) meets Benedicte aka 'Bibi' (Exarchopoulos), a wealthy and fearless racing driver. Gigi and Bibi fall madly in love, but with fate stacked against them, their loyalties will be pushed to the limit.

Directed by Michael Roskam (Bullhead)
Cinematography by Nicolas Karakatsanis (Violet, Bullhead)
Starring Matthias Schoenaerts and Adèle Exarchopoulos
Release Date - May 4, 2018

wilder

jenkins

"Le Fidèle" translates to "The Faithful". great title change. who switched it--idk either, sure i wonder. it's "Racer and the Jailbird"

at first i thought of Neon as the distributor, they did Beach Rats, i need to see it, Gemini just came out, it's being appreciated nice, basically Neon is a clear good idea company, though the distributor is actually Super LTD, Neon's boutique label. it's not immediately clear to me why Neon already has a boutique label.

WorldForgot

A brutal romance. It's gorgeous and broke my heart a little.
Don't read too much about the plot before seeing it, Gigi and Bibi, the characters go a long way to making the story sing. You gotta watch them move and talk to understand why they're in love. How it balances its tone on their relationship reminded me of PT, for sure, and there's one Gigi moment that's particularly funny in how it recalls Woodcock. 

I think I prefer the French title, but they're both good.