The Master - Spoiler-Free Thread

Started by MacGuffin, December 02, 2009, 10:12:15 PM

InTylerWeTrust

Fuck this place..... I got a script to write.

everythingtarantino

thanks melissa for  finding that out and  giving cigs and redvines the heads up. :yabbse-thumbup:

InTylerWeTrust

Quote from: everythingtarantino on August 09, 2012, 05:54:19 PM
thanks melissa for  finding that out and  giving cigs and redvines the heads up. :yabbse-thumbup:

Where's Melissa? She AIN'T HERE. She ain't gonna be here. So what's the culmination of saying that?

I just deliver the news... I never claimed to be the first one to find out. That does not matter to me either.

Plus, Every time I post something, you have to comment on it. Literally the 3 posts you have, all 3 are directed at me in a negative way.

I'm simply doing my part, contributing to the site. I saw no one had posted it, so I posted it. Now if you got nothing better to do than talk shit everytime I post something then I suggest you get the fuck outta here...

Have a nice day.

InTylerWeTrust

Now back to "THE MASTER"

Anybody still has the 19 NEW stills that came out recently?

I was looking for them today, Apparently the Weistein Company took them all down for some reason.  They're not on Filmstage and they're not in Cigs and Red Vines.

If anyone still has them, let me know!

HeywoodRFloyd

Quote from: InTylerWeTrust on August 09, 2012, 06:06:16 PM
Now back to "THE MASTER"

Anybody still has the 19 NEW stills that came out recently?

I was looking for them today, Apparently the Weistein Company took them all down for some reason.  They're not on Filmstage and they're not in Cigs and Red Vines.

If anyone still has them, let me know!

Hey InTylerWeTrust, I have them  :yabbse-thumbup:

PUBRICK! I just thought I'd post this for you mate, just before on twitter, Palace Films announced The Master was going to have a November 8 Release in Australia

Ravi

Austin's Alamo Drafthouse (The Ritz) will be getting a 70mm print.

I want to see this opening day and I MIGHT be in NY on September 21. Is there any word about which NY theater(s) will get 70mm prints yet?

InTylerWeTrust

Quote from: Ravi on August 10, 2012, 10:28:35 AM
Austin's Alamo Drafthouse (The Ritz) will be getting a 70mm print

Nice.... But they're showing it on September 21? Isn't that the official release date anyways?

EDIT: I will also be in NY around that time... Would also love to know what theater will show 70mm.

RegularKarate

Quote from: Ravi on August 10, 2012, 10:28:35 AM
Austin's Alamo Drafthouse (The Ritz) will be getting a 70mm print.

I want to see this opening day and I MIGHT be in NY on September 21. Is there any word about which NY theater(s) will get 70mm prints yet?

Just came here to write that!
My "inside source" had told me about the 70mm projector and we both assumed it was Master-related. So excited that that's why.

Tickets go on sale next month, but I'm probably going to also get tickets to some of the other 70mm screenings.

InTylerWeTrust

Quote from: HeywoodRFloyd on August 10, 2012, 12:54:37 AM

Hey InTylerWeTrust, I have them  :yabbse-thumbup:

I need them for something I'm putting together  :).... Send them to me in an email or upload them here: http://xixax.com/index.php?topic=12254.45

Ravi

Quote from: RegularKarate on August 10, 2012, 10:38:26 AM
Tickets go on sale next month, but I'm probably going to also get tickets to some of the other 70mm screenings.

I'll try to catch Baraka and Play Time. I really hope they screen 2001 and Lawrence of Arabia in 70mm someday.

matt35mm

The Paramount Theater in Austin often plays 2001 and Lawrence of Arabia in 70mm. In fact, they're playing 2001 in 70mm a couple of weeks from now.

I believe that the release date for The Master is Sept 14th in LA/NY, then it opens wider on the 21st, and will probably continue to expand week by week.

Needless to say, I am so happy about The Master playing here in 70mm. I feel like a bit of a dork for saying this, but I was actually really concerned about whether or not I'd be able to see it in this format.

RegularKarate

Quote from: Ravi on August 10, 2012, 10:52:16 AM
I'll try to catch Baraka and Play Time. I really hope they screen 2001 and Lawrence of Arabia in 70mm someday.

The Paramount Theater has a 70MM projector and they screen both those movies every summer. In just a couple weeks.

EDIT: and I'm officially the slowest with the Austin news today. Let's have an Austin meetup 70mm party.

matt35mm

Yeah, I feel like it's appropriate to have all the XIXAXers near Austin meet up to watch The Master in 70mm. PTA brought us together in the first place, and this is a cause for celebration. I say we watch The Master, go get drunk, and then watch The Master again.

The Paramount usually plays Lawrence of Arabia but aren't doing it this year. They are, however, playing Last Action Hero in glorious 70mm.

I imagine that the Drafthouse will get around to showing both of those movies as well. Maybe they'll play Lawrence of Arabia soon, since The Paramount's not doing it this year. In any case, Ravi, those are two movies that you will definitely be able to catch in 70mm someday.

Sleepless

Keep me updated re the Austin 70mm meetup. I definitely want to be there, just not sure (yet) if I can logistically. I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Ravi

Quote from: matt35mm on August 10, 2012, 11:13:48 AM
The Paramount Theater in Austin often plays 2001 and Lawrence of Arabia in 70mm. In fact, they're playing 2001 in 70mm a couple of weeks from now.

Quote from: RegularKarate on August 10, 2012, 11:16:56 AM
Let's have an Austin meetup 70mm party.

Let's do it. I can't believe I had no idea that 2001 and LOA often showed in 70mm just three hours from me. Why do I live in Dallas??? We can't have 70mm parties here!  :ponder: