Sin City

Started by metroshane, March 16, 2004, 06:57:43 PM

meatball

Who plays the Yellow Bastard?

MacGuffin

Quote from: meatballWho plays the Yellow Bastard?

Nick Stahl.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

matt35mm

Some of the pictures look cool, but is it just me or do some of them look like part of a student movie?  I expected more saturation and higher contrast.  Much of it simply looks like black and white plus some color, which isn't exactly the "innovative imagery" that they've been touting.  But it's far too early to judge.  Perhaps there's additional computer work that will go into it.  The teaser posters, however, do look fantastic, and that's what I hope the movie will look like.

I wonder if all that black and white is going to hinder the marketability of the movie.  Well, perhaps the cast will make up for that.

Quote from: meatwad

is that a gilmore girl in one of those pictures?
Yes, it is the gorgeous Alexis Bledel with the gun to her face.  She's fantastic on Gilmore Girls, and only has Tuck Everlasting to her movie credits (as far as I know), so I'm as happy about her casting as I am for much of the casting in this movie.

RegularKarate

Expect a six minute or so clip to be online within the next few days

picolas

Quote from: RegularKarateExpect a six minute or so clip to be online within the next few days

http://www.themoviebox.net/movies/2005/STUVWXYZ/SinCity/comic_con/

wow. wow.

the Owen Del Toro bit is classical. a big mistake blhre.. a biig mistake..

©brad

wow indeed.

rosario dawson is a babe. totally.

pete

the frames from the actual comic won't be in the movie right?  that's just a trailer right?
well, the black and white looked quite subpar, as expected, maybe the final print will be different.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Pubrick

quit yer bitchin.

on the one hand, i'm glad there were at least some high contrast shots, it's the most i could hav hoped for from rodriguez. i guess he's thinking, if he followed the frank miller lighting scheme there might never be enuff light on the actors' faces to justify their casting..

there's that, and jessica alba doesn't hav the ass to support her role.
under the paving stones.

meatball

Quote from: Pubrickquit yer bitchin.

I second that.

The screen grabs and the footage look great.

pete

Quote from: Pubrickquit yer bitchin.

on the one hand, i'm glad there were at least some high contrast shots, it's the most i could hav hoped for from rodriguez. i guess he's thinking, if he followed the frank miller lighting scheme there might never be enuff light on the actors' faces to justify their casting..

there's that, and jessica alba doesn't hav the ass to support her role.

yeah, sorry, man, how could I have missed the "HIGH CONTRAST SHOTS"?  whoa whoa whoa what's this color?  BLACK!?  What's this one over here?  WHITE?!?  MAN, that contrast is fucking high!
I guess it's back to jerking off to comic characters with big asses for me, I just hope the Miller ass lighting scheme will illuminate those justifiable asses.
- Buster Keaton

Ghostboy

That's not a trailer, and it didn't blow me away the way a great trailer would. It just offers a taste of what the movie might be like. Judging by this footage, it will be good and fanboys will eat it up, but it won't be great: a near perfect replication of the comics, but therein lies the problem. Oh well, I'm still excited as hell.

The MPG compression sucked, so I wouldn't judge the b/w qualities just yet. And also the only part that was actually edited was the Josh Hartnett opener, which was indeed great. The rest of it was just a showreel, and thus it didn't exactly have much flow or build much tension. It still looked awesome, and I for one loved the inclusion of the comic shots -- I hope they keep that for the actual trailer (although not for the movie). Seeing all these scenes from the comics brought to life was just fantastic. Clive Owen as Dwight will own this movie. The main thing I'm worried about now is Marv's facial prosthetics...seemed sorta goofy in a few of those shots.

Pubrick

Quote from: peteyeah, sorry, man, how could I have missed the "HIGH CONTRAST SHOTS"?  whoa whoa whoa what's this color?  BLACK!?  What's this one over here?  WHITE?!?  MAN, that contrast is fucking high!
I guess it's back to jerking off to comic characters with big asses for me, I just hope the Miller ass lighting scheme will illuminate those justifiable asses.
Quote from: peteplease, tell me what the real crime is.
under the paving stones.

pete

Quote from: pubrick8:30am - 1:00pm.. cry.

"EDIT"
- Buster Keaton

cine