Batman Begins

Started by ©brad, February 19, 2003, 01:10:29 PM

©brad

Several news items here: Guy Pearce (Memento) might play Batman, and the Batman: Year One concept is all-but-officially dead. Looks like Pearce's Memento director, Christopher Nolan is at the helm of Batman 5, which could still be subtitled The Frightening. (The Daily Telegraph)

Duck Sauce

Quote from: cbrad4dChristopher Nolan is at the helm of Batman 5, which could still be subtitled The Frightening. (The Daily Telegraph)

Sounds like a halloween event at Six Flags...

modage

www.darkhorizons.com
"Ashton Kutcher. We all know he is the front runner in the Bat-mix. But he is only the WB's front runner. Nolan does not want Kutcher (at least he is definitely not his first choice), as far as Nolan's first choice; he has a lengthy list of unknowns/semi-established actors that will be screen tested in late Summer. Nolan has until the end of August/early September to find a replacement; and from the buzz around the office, it looks like he will do just that (I think someone mentioned about 20 different names in mind?). As far as Nolan wanting Guy Pearce, I wouldn't hold my breath. I think that was mostly rumor that he was going to pull a "Burton" and cast an actor he recently worked with and has a good relationship with. He's looking in the 25-30 range as far as actors go. (As opposed to 18-22). Remember what happened with Spiderman? The Wes Bentley/Di Caprio situation? I am 100% certain that's what is going to happen here. Again, Nolan has until the end of Summer to find his replacement. Chris Lloyd as Scarecrow. Yes, he has been spotted around the backlots. No, we don't know for sure what for. He was spotted with Nolan twice, and then alone the other 3 times. I read a report that he was seen shaking hands with Nolan and had a script in his hand, I can't confirm this, but I will try to look into it to see what I can get out of the situation. Take that last bit with a grain of salt. A damn big one at that. Al Gough as Alfred again? You're on the money. He is both Nolan's and WB's first choice, and will most likely get the role, even though the film is a restart of the franchise. (This is just a way to pay homage to the previous films and keep some familiarity with audiences, because almost nobody else from previous films will be cast)".
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Duck Sauce

Its only a matter of time before the    "dude, wheres the batmobile" jokes role in so Id just like to thank Tim Burton for all he has done

oakmanc234

Ashton Kutcher as the Dark Knight? (fuuuuuck off). Who knows, maybe he could do a dramatic gig but who doesn't keep thinking of That 70's Show's Kelso when you hear the name Ashton Kutcher.

I suppose a Nolan directed Bat-flick would be cool. God knows I'd prefer a Darren Aranofsky one.
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

Gold Trumpet

All the Batman projects seem silly. Don't get me wrong, Batman was always my favorite of super heroes, but I am a little disheartened when the point of interest in these directors is to make the series "darker". Hah, I didn't color tone mattered that much. Best Batman recreation? Not in any of the movies, but the animated series from the mid 90s got Batman the best even though the movie to come from it was dissapointing.

~rougerum

jokerspath

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetBest Batman recreation? Not in any of the movies, but the animated series from the mid 90s got Batman the best even though the movie to come from it was dissapointing. ~rougerum

Terrific series...

aw
THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

chainsmoking insomniac

Yeah, but Burton's movie was fucking great too.

Ashton as Batman?  That's just.....silly.  I'm actually speechless right now on that one.
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

Gold Trumpet

I'm not sure about the Burton ones. The first can be seen in light of color tone as well, but it does try to go for it. Its just underwhelming though in my mind when compared to how realistic and emotional The Crow is and how they are essentially taking a very similiar super hero premise of sorts. Batman Returns, not nearly as good as the first, just gives hints of it and introduces the cliche that with each new Batman film, you get two common known enemies to fight and just a push up of the special effects bar.

~rougerum

MacGuffin

Batman: Ashton Kutchner has re-signed for two more years of "That 70's Show", which rules him out of donning the cape.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

bonanzataz

Quote from: MacGuffinBatman: Ashton Kutchner has re-signed for two more years of "That 70's Show", which rules him out of donning the cape.

ugh... that show has overstayed its welcome.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Banky

i like that 70's show

bonanzataz

i used to, but enough is enough.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

modage

Quote from: themodernage02www.darkhorizons.com
Al Gough as Alfred again? You're on the money. He is both Nolan's and WB's first choice, and will most likely get the role, even though the film is a restart of the franchise. (This is just a way to pay homage to the previous films and keep some familiarity with audiences, because almost nobody else from previous films will be cast)."

interesting new news...
--------------------------------------------------------------
www.darkhorizons.com
BUT Michelle Pfeiffer is in talks to reprise her role as Selina Kyle - possibly outside of the leather costume - for Chris Nolan's Batman film. Nolan still wants to link the film to the others in the series it seems, but only the first couple - so word is he'd like to have Selina Kyle involved, albiet briefly, and possibly some other familiar faces. Was told the only reason Pfieffer didn't want to do another Bat flick- after Returns - was that she hated wearing the costume, so the deal this time might involve letting her reprise the role, but only as Selina, not as Catwoman.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

they need to make up their minds.  are they trying to re-start the franchise? or keep it in the same universe as the burton films?  i am all for michelle pfeiffers catwoman, but i think for the greater good, these films need to stand on their own. especially if its going to be a younger batman (hence an earlier story, selina kyle pfieffer doesnt make much sense).  so maybe the rumor is wild.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Banky

BATMAN WANTED. NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY. APPLY WITHIN.

It's as if Warner Bros. Pictures were shining a Bat Signal over Burbank, summoning potential Caped Crusaders. Warners and helmer Christopher Nolan are zeroing in on an actor to star in the title role of the studio's next "Batman" installment, which is scheduled to start shooting in February. Sources said that during the next three days, several young actors are expected to test for the role. The list of potential crime fighters includes Jake Gyllenhaal, Christian Bale, Joshua Jackson ("Dawson's Creek"), Cillian Murphy ("28 Days Later"), Henry Cavill ("I Capture the Castle") and Eion Bailey, who stars in the upcoming HBO feature "And Starring Pancho Villa as Himself." Meanwhile, sources say Hugh Dancy, currently shooting the Walt Disney Co.'s "King Arthur," may test if his schedule permits and he is able to shave the beard his "Arthur" character, Galahad, is sporting. (Item courtesy of THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER)

E-MAIL AUTHOR