not the most popular thread anymore, donnie darko and homos.

Started by SubstanceD, February 18, 2003, 07:02:07 PM

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

Jake_82

if you don't want to edit your speech because you feel like if you do you'll be opressed or something, at least try to be considerate
your reality is at the end of your dream

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

Quote from: Jake_82if you don't want to edit your speech because you feel like if you do you'll be opressed or something, at least try to be considerate

i can dig that, but i don't think i said anything about hurting gay people

did i ?

©brad

Quote from: XixaxIt is quite probable that you and I will never agree on this subject, but I say that being gay is aberrant behavior. It's not natural. It's not inborn. It's a choice, and it is wrong.

:shock:

how do u justify sexual orientation being a choice? why would anyone willingly choose to be a homosexual?

snaporaz

Quote from: cowboykurtisDonnie Darko is a poor attempt at "trying" to be brilliant. A great film doesnt come about by the director striving for greatness. Greatness comes from having something to say. What the hell does Donnie Darko have to say?

donnie darko is just a story. there's absoultely no message involved. the director knows this. all it is is some wierd live action comic book. no one ever said it was trying to be philosophical [except maybe some fan boys]. stop being such a douchebag and claim that the filmmakers were trying to and failing to be deep or brilliant, because they weren't.

this extremely vague statement "greatness comes from having something to say" is really fucking dumb. you sound like a fifteen year-old if you're making that your argument.

budgie

Quote from: polkablues
Quote from: XixaxI think that it's been used so much that the slang has transcended any homosexual connotations. I'm completely unoffended by its use.

Dammit... I thought I was done being indignant for this week.  Anytime a word like "gay" starts being used as an insult, it makes anyone the word actually literally describes into a walking insult.  Would you say to someone, "That's so fucking Hispanic"? or "Don't be so Black, dude."  The fact that you're completely unoffended by its use is the problem, not the justification.

Budgie, you're more intellectual than I am.  Back me up here.

Pfft.  

Well, anyway, polka is right, you're all too scared to abuse black guys but I'm saying nothing because then I get accused of anti-frat behaviour and people start calling me a ho.

And cowboykurtis, I was talking about Requiem for a Dream.

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

cowboykurtis

hey snaporaz, if you're getting aggrivated to the point of callin me names you're the 15 year old. if you read my post, i was commenting on the post that was referring to darko as a satire. im saying its not a satire. im also commenting on someone's comment that kubrick was a hack. read the fucking words before you personally attack me.  i realize it's just a story. what a big man you are.
...your excuses are your own...

Xixax

Quote from: Pi'm black.
I'm black from the waist down, if you get my drift...

heh heh heh heh

:yabbse-shocked:
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

snaporaz

Quote from: cowboykurtishey snaporaz, if you're getting aggrivated to the point of callin me names you're the 15 year old. if you read my post, i was commenting on the post that was referring to darko as a satire. im saying its not a satire. im also commenting on someone's comment that kubrick was a hack. read the fucking words before you personally attack me.  i realize it's just a story. what a big man you are.

omg. i called you a douchebag. how soooo immature.

i read what you said about donnie darko not being a satire [which i agree with] and your views on kubrick. that's why i left that out when i quoted you, because that's not what was on my mind. my whole argument was against your claim that richard kelly made a poor attempt at trying to make a brilliant film. and i basically said "who the fuck told you it was brilliant?".

did you not say this?

Quote from: cowboykurtisDonnie Darko is a poor attempt at "trying" to be brilliant. A great film doesnt come about by the director striving for greatness. Greatness comes from having something to say. What the hell does Donnie Darko have to say?

what does your views on kubrick or satire have anything to do with this comment?

no, so why bring that up? it's not like it negates my argument or your claim that kelly was trying to be brilliant or otherwise give a message.

sphinx

so you're saying that anyone who strives to be great will ultimately fail?

cowboykurtis

i think if your goal is to be percieved as great, the work will suffer. if you are true to the story, all else will come with it.

cowboykurtis

my reply about kubrick was in a response to someone elses post comparing the two in post. just out of curiosity, why are you so touchy about this film, and why are you letting my opinions get to you so much. what a big man you are.

snaporaz

Quote from: cowboykurtismy reply about kubrick was in a response to someone elses post comparing the two in post. just out of curiosity, why are you so touchy about this film, and why are you letting my opinions get to you so much. what a big man you are.

haha. again with the "big man" crap.

i know to whom and why you were talking about kubrick, now stop bringing him up because that's not the fucking topic of discussion.

and i'm not pissed or anything - even thought that was pretty fucking annoying how you replied to my argument with something completely off-topic. i'm just letting you know that your comments were fucking retarded and unfounded. i don't care if you like donnie darko or not. personally, i think it's a good film. maybe great, but not amazing or anything. and frankly, that's totally irrelevant.

just saying, next time you have an opinion on something, try not talking straight out of your ass.

©brad

enough about donnie darko. this shit is getting wack. im out.