The Lord Of The Rings: Return Of The King

Started by modage, June 30, 2003, 12:10:57 PM

Redlum

Mght be interested in seeing the pictures from the Red Carpet premiere in Wellington. Huge parade, they really deserve it.

http://www.theonering.net/scrapbook/group/1187
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

Banky

Lotsa trailers w/ LOTR! Dec. 1, 2003

Source: JoBlo.com  by: Mike Sampson

I'm sure you've heard by now the news that the first SPIDER-MAN 2 trailer will be attached to prints of RETURN OF THE KING when it opens on December 17th. But do you know what other trailers will be attached? Well we here at JoBlo.com have a first look at the list of trailers scheduled to be playing before ROTK on the 17th and what an impressive list it is! Besides SPIDER-MAN 2, there are no less than eight trailers scheduled to run before the film and almost all will be your first look at big 2004 films. The three films we've seen something from before are HARRY POTTER AND THE PRISONER OF AZKABAN, HIDALGO and SHREK 2 (the latter of which just premiered before ELF) and all are available in the JoBlo.com Trailer Archive.

The first of the biggies is a teaser trailer for RIDDICK, Vin Diesel's follow-up to PITCH BLACK. The film, which has officially ditched THE CHRONICLES OF from its title, is scheduled for release on June 11th. Next up is THE WORLD OF TOMORROW starring Jude Law, Gwyneth Paltrow and Angelina Jolie. This sci-fi/action film was independently financed until picked by Paramount a while back and is currently scheduled for a TBD 2004 summer date. (Also listed as a possibility from Paramount is a trailer for the MTV comedy THE PERFECT SCORE.)

I was surprised to see the trailer for I, ROBOT wasn't attached to MATRIX REVOLUTIONS but Fox went for THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW instead and left ROBOT to premiere in front of ROTK. If it's anywhere near as good as TOMORROW's teaser trailer, we're in for a treat. Next is the trailer for the latest Dwayne "formerly The Rock" Johnson action flick WALKING TALL. It co-stars Johnny Knoxville as two guys who kick-ass after their hometown is overrun by criminals and lowlifes. Last but not least we have the first trailer for KILL BILL, VOL. 2, which I believe needs no introduction.

So all in all those who're excited to see ROTK when it's released only have something else to look forward to in the theaters. For those of us not inclined to hit ROTK in theaters (or for those of us who attend press screenings that unfortunately don't usually run trailers) these trailers will very likely be online right around the 17th.

Kal

Banky you are always full of interesting information... thank you :)

I will be seating in that theatre the 17th, early, and waiting to see all those trailers and that fucking great movie!!!!

Banky

Quote from: andykBanky you are always full of interesting information... thank you :)

i appreciate that but i think two others should get that praise

Fernando

Quote from: Banky
Quote from: andykBanky you are always full of interesting information... thank you :)

i appreciate that but i think two others should get that praise

Yep, the Mac clan.

But you're very informative too Banky, you just have slowed down a little bit.

BTW, that's an awesome avatar.

Pwaybloe

Quote from: Banky...Next is the trailer for the latest Dwayne "formerly The Rock" Johnson action flick WALKING TALL. It co-stars Johnny Knoxville as two guys who kick-ass after their hometown is overrun by criminals and lowlifes...

Son of a bitch...

Do you know how big this is going to be in the south?  If you ask any country boy what his favorite movie is, 3 out of 4 will say "Walking Tall."  Top that off with The Rock in the starring role...

It's going to be a big hit in the south.

Ravi

Anyone going to see the extended versions of the first two films this Friday?

MacGuffin

‘The Return of the King’ invades ABC’s Primetime Thursday. ABC NEWS SPECIAL is scheduled to be shown at 10:00pm EST and PST, Thursday, December 4 (Today!)

Primetime's Jay Schadler got an exclusive look at the last days on the set of the blockbuster films. Schadler spent a whole day with director Peter Jackson and star Viggo Mortensen — as well as untold numbers of orcs, elves and assorted fanciful creatures.

Click link here to read an article about Schadler's experience on the Lord of the Rings shoot.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ghostboy

It's been about twelve hours now since I saw ROTK, and I just can't believe it's over. It seems like just the other day that I went to see 13 Days to see the first teaser, or downloaded that first bit of footage from apple.com back in 2000....

It's pretty overwhelming, this feeling and the film itself. I'll post more later.

Redlum

Stamp out ghostboy's eyeses!

Can't wait to hear your review.  :)
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

Banky

Quote from: GhostboyIt's been about twelve hours now since I saw ROTK, and I just can't believe it's over. It seems like just the other day that I went to see 13 Days to see the first teaser, or downloaded that first bit of footage from apple.com back in 2000....

It's pretty overwhelming, this feeling and the film itself. I'll post more later.

comon man give us a little more than that

Ghostboy

I'll be writing my full review later. For now, I'll just say that this one is just...massive.

It also has more narrative errors than the others, in terms of pacing and whatnot, and there is some trouble in wrapping it up cohesively. I think Peter Jackson might have needed more time to fine tune it, and I'm sure the extended edition will reflect that when it comes out.

But none of that matters, in the end. At least not to me.

I didn't want the lights to come up at the end.

Gamblour.

Quote from: GhostboyI'll be writing my full review later. For now, I'll just say that this one is just...massive.

It also has more narrative errors than the others, in terms of pacing and whatnot, and there is some trouble in wrapping it up cohesively. I think Peter Jackson might have needed more time to fine tune it, and I'm sure the extended edition will reflect that when it comes out.

But none of that matters, in the end. At least not to me.

I didn't want the lights to come up at the end.

God, hearing that makes me want to cry. Half because of the sadness the movie will be, and half because of my envy of you Ghostboy.
WWPTAD?

MacGuffin

Quote from: Gamblor the ManwhoreHalf because of the sadness the movie will be, and half because of my envy of you Ghostboy.

Sinner.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

Quote from: GhostboyI didn't want the lights to come up at the end.

girls, look away crude joke coming.....

was it because you had a nerd-boner?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.