Seinfeld

Started by SoNowThen, May 09, 2003, 02:02:58 PM

SoNowThen

yes, the Newman clip is from the muffin episode, right near the end (if not the very end).
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Link

Fernando

Quote from: Link

Also, there's a quick clip on the show (during the montage playing to the Superman theme) where Elaine's in bed with all three of the guys, and then she wakes up.  WHERE THE HECK IS THAT ONE?

Someone help me, I'm going insane.

The Slicer.

[Elaine wakes up in bed with Jerry.]

Elaine: Hey.

Jerry: Morning.

Elaine: Look, this is crazy, I can't go on like this.

Jerry: But why?

Elaine: I need some space.

[Elaine turns to the other side and there's George.]

George: Does that mean I have to go too?

Jerry: You don't think she's just talking to me?

George: Hey, shut up.

Jerry: You shut up.

Elaine: I hate this.

[Kramer pops out the covers.]

Kramer: You'll get used to it. It's like a grubby scrub.

Elaine: No, I don't want this anymore.

Jerry: We'll come to work with you.

George: And on your dates.

Jerry: And shopping.

Kramer: And to the bathroom.

Jerry, George and Kramer: Elaine, Elaine, Elaine, Elaine...[distant alarm sound which is getting louder.]

Elaine: I can't breath...I'm sorry...[Elaine wakes up] You're killing me!

[Elaine tries to push her alarm clock showing 3:30. She realizes, that alarm comes from next door.]

Elaine: [Banging the wall] Turn your alarm off!! [Screams]

mogwai

does anyone have the transcript to philip baker hall's cameo in seinfeld? thanks.

Fernando

Quote from: mogwaidoes anyone have the transcript to philip baker hall's cameo in seinfeld? thanks.

http://xixax.com/viewtopic.php?p=47738#47738

Link

Quote from: Fernando
Quote from: Link

Also, there's a quick clip on the show (during the montage playing to the Superman theme) where Elaine's in bed with all three of the guys, and then she wakes up.  WHERE THE HECK IS THAT ONE?

Someone help me, I'm going insane.

The Slicer.

[Elaine wakes up in bed with Jerry.]

Elaine: Hey.

Jerry: Morning.

Elaine: Look, this is crazy, I can't go on like this.

Jerry: But why?

Elaine: I need some space.

[Elaine turns to the other side and there's George.]

George: Does that mean I have to go too?

Jerry: You don't think she's just talking to me?

George: Hey, shut up.

Jerry: You shut up.

Elaine: I hate this.

[Kramer pops out the covers.]

Kramer: You'll get used to it. It's like a grubby scrub.

Elaine: No, I don't want this anymore.

Jerry: We'll come to work with you.

George: And on your dates.

Jerry: And shopping.

Kramer: And to the bathroom.

Jerry, George and Kramer: Elaine, Elaine, Elaine, Elaine...[distant alarm sound which is getting louder.]

Elaine: I can't breath...I'm sorry...[Elaine wakes up] You're killing me!

[Elaine tries to push her alarm clock showing 3:30. She realizes, that alarm comes from next door.]

Elaine: [Banging the wall] Turn your alarm off!! [Screams]

Wow, thank you!

MacGuffin

Kramer Cracks in "Seinfeld" Feud
Source: E! Online

Kramer has crossed the Seinfeld picket line.

Michael Richards, the beloved, wacky star of the much-Emmy’d comedy series has broken ranks with costars Jason Alexander and Julia Louis-Dreyfus and decided to participate in an upcoming DVD about the show.

Until now, all three stars have passed on participating in the project due to financial woes—reps for all three actors have said their clients were unhappy with their payoffs from the continually successful show and they didn’t want to work for free.

But Richards finally caved to pressure after talking things over with series star Jerry Seinfeld over the weekend. He does maintain that he would like to receive some cash for participating, particularly since others like Seinfeld, co-creator Larry David and several others involved in production are still making money on the show.

"I think everyone wants to get paid," Richards told the New York Times. "Is it honorable for those on the inside to make compensation? That's an ethical question they have to deal with. But I never heard back from anybody."

It seems unlikely that Kramer will cash in for his participation, since actors don’t generally get paid on residual deals like DVDs. "I innocently asked a question. 'Is there some compensation?' I don't believe there is," Richards told the Times. "There isn't anything."

Still, Richards says he is going to do his part to make the DVD a success. "I'm not boycotting," he told the Times. "I'm involved. I was never called to do an interview. I am so for the DVD coming out that I'll go on the Tonight show."

Elizabeth Clark, a rep for Seinfeld, says the actor still has hope that the erstwhile George and Elaine will come around and that he plans to get in touch with them in the New Year. "He hopes they will participate in the DVD," she said in a statement.

But whether Alexander and Louis-Dreyfus sign on or not, the DVD is likely to be a smashing success. Seinfeld was consistently a No. 1 show and a mainstay of "Must-See TV" on NBC throughout its run from 1990 to 1998. Even today, it still runs relentlessly in syndication and generates millions for its Seinfeld and David, co-creators and executive producers.

Seinfeld, meanwhile, is having no trouble keeping his pockets lined even without the help of his hit show.

The star has landed a deal to write, produce and star in Bee Movie, a computer-animated feature-length flick for DreamWorks.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Dreyfuss and Alexander won't sign on to help unless they get paid?  Or did I misread that?

I'm sure it'd be a blast to meet up again and do some commentary on a show that was arguably one of the best sitcoms ever.  But, what do I know?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Kal

maaan i just cant wait to own all these dvds!!!!

Bruce Lee

Its going to be damn expensive for me to buy all 200+ episodes then take a month of work....tut tut tut

SiliasRuby

I really think it's sad that Alexander and Dreyfus want money for this, but I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for the best
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Stefen

Quote from: SiliasRubyI really think it's sad that Alexander and Dreyfus want money for this, but I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for the best

Well they deserve money to do it. But to act the way they are is ridiculous.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

SiliasRuby

The more I think about it the more I think your right Stefan
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

MacGuffin

Source: Digital Bits

Some interesting news for you Seinfeld fans today. Word from The Globe newspaper (via the Seinfeld Blog) is that the cast of the series has finally made their peace about royalties, meaning that all four of the show's stars will be involved in the production of the DVDs, the first season of which is due later this year.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Just Withnail

Yes yes yes! Season 1 at the end of the year? Fuckin'a!