ED WOOD DVD

Started by Alexandro, October 11, 2003, 12:13:58 PM

You Never Got Me Down Ray

Quote from: PawbloeI also checked my local independent DVD store (who used to sell pre-released DVD's, but got busted), and no luck there either.

ha. My local rental store always has the new releases a week or more before the release date. I love it. And they give you the actual cover and not some blockbuster-type bullshit so i can scan them and bur--well, ya.  :lol:

Sucks your store got busted. :(
My life has taken another turn again. The days move along with regularity, over and over. One day indistinguishable from the next. A long, continuous chain. Then suddenly, there is change.

LostEraser

So does anyone have any new news on this? I heard back in february that it might have just been delayed until April. Well, here we are...
Capra tells us that, in effect, love's dreams are only dreams and that they will never quite bear translation into practical forms of relationship and expression. They will never be realized in the world but only in our consciousness and in our most daring and glorious works of art - but that, for Capra, is no reason to abandon love's dreams.
--Ray Carney, American Vision: The Films Of Frank Capra

analogzombie

Quote from: LostEraserSo does anyone have any new news on this? I heard back in february that it might have just been delayed until April. Well, here we are...

latest new I heard was that Burton wasn't happy with the extras and that there were some copyright issues on the supplementary materials as well. It is indefinately delayed.
"I have love to give, I just don't know where to put it."

MacGuffin

From the dvd.ign mailbag:

Where the hell is Ed Wood on DVD??? It was released, then retracted, then the date was set for April sometime, now it's April and I still cant get the movie. I've been waiting for this movie for awhile!!!

dvd.ign responds: A little bird has said October.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

bonanzataz

wait, this STILL hasn't been released? ha! i loves my region free player.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Just Withnail

Me too. And the funniest thing is the R1 version won't differ a bit from the R2.

Sal

October, wow.  What a fucking joke.

Ravi

I watched Ed Wood again today in a film class I'm taking right now.  I can't wait for the DVD now.  I forgot how terrific Depp and Landau were in this film.

Ravi

http://www.dvdfile.com/software/dvd-video/archive/2004/07_14.html

Think this time it will finally come out? Just announced is the third (or perhaps fourth?) new release date for the long-delayed Ed Wood. Tim Burton's critically-acclaimed ode to the Worst Director of All-Time is now set for an October 19th release. Presented in 1.85:1 anamorphic widescreen and Dolby Digital 5.1 surround, extras include an audio commentary with Burton, actor Martin Landau, co-writers Scott Alexander & Larry Karaszewski, costume designer Colleen Atwood, and cinematographer Stefan Czapsky, deleted scenes, a music video, the theatrical trailer, and six featurettes: "Let's Shoot this F#$%@r!", "Making Bela," "Pie Plates Over Hollywood," "Theremin" and "When Carol Met Larry." Let's hope this time is the charm, and list price will be $29.95.

Gamblour.

For anyone wondering, the cross dressing featurette "When Carol Met Larry" is absent on the new release. But it had nothing to do with the movie really, save Wood's crossdressing. Looks like I'll be keeping this one wrapped up...
WWPTAD?

Dtm115300

I just got this movie. Never saw if before, but i thought it was awsome. Im going to start my Tim Burton film collection. lol

Rudie Obias

Quote from: Dtm115300Im going to start my Tim Burton film collection.

ya know, he only has like 2 or 3 good movies (maybe 4, maybe)....

ps
now i'm a pompous ass!!!
\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff