Philip Baker Hall

Started by filmcritic, June 18, 2003, 05:01:04 PM

jokerspath

That is a great thing.  I wish I'd seen that episode.  Thanks for posting the text...

aw
THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

rustinglass

I remember laughing a lot with another scene.

When the librarian tells Jerry and Kramer about Mr. Bookman, Kramer goes: "Mr. Bookman?! That's amazing! That's like an icecream guy named Cone!"
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

jonas

Mr. Bookman also shows up in the final episode in the courtroom as a witness speaking against Seinfeld.

Nothing too spectacular, a pretty small appearance. I remember he goes off about how irresponsible Jerry is for a second and that's it.

PBH is the man.
"Mein Führer, I can walk!" - Dr. Strangelove

filmcritic

"You're too kind."
-Richard Roeper

"You're too cruel."
-Roger Ebert

filmcritic

Philip Baker Hall is coming on Lifetime this afternoon playing the judge in "A Cry For Help: The Tacey Thurman Story".
"You're too kind."
-Richard Roeper

"You're too cruel."
-Roger Ebert

filmcritic

I have great news for all you PBH fans. "Secret Honor" is now available on ebay! It's starting at $8.99. Trust me, it's a really great movie with a great performance by PBH. No wonder PTA loved him after watching this. May the best man win...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3347533867&category=309
"You're too kind."
-Richard Roeper

"You're too cruel."
-Roger Ebert

Find Your Magali

Quote from: filmcriticI have great news for all you PBH fans. "Secret Honor" is now available on ebay! It's starting at $8.99. Trust me, it's a really great movie with a great performance by PBH. No wonder PTA loved him after watching this. May the best man win...

Wow. Very, very tempting. I've never seen this. ... I guess there's no chance we'll ever get a groovy DVD edition, huh?

I might just bid.

The Red Vine

what the hell has happened to PBH? I mean I love the guy, but he went from working with PTA and Altman to...

The Amityville Horror
Bruce Almighty
Lost Souls
Rules of Engagment
Sum of All Fears
and the upcoming The Shaggy Dog

he's gotta eat, I guess...
"No, really. Just do it. You have some kind of weird reasons that are okay.">

soixante

It's a challenge for an actor to do good work in a standard issue Hollywood film.  It's all about turning chicken shit into chicken salad.  Chris Walken and Billy Bob Thornton do it all the time.  Thornton made both Friday Night Lights and The Alamo much better than they would've been without him.

Music is your best entertainment value.

md

...any news on the duck movie, that was speculated on the c and red vines site?  looks interesting to say the least...
"look hard at what pleases you and even harder at what doesn't" ~ carolyn forche

Ravi

Quote from: Find Your Magali on September 09, 2003, 12:58:02 AM
Quote from: filmcriticI have great news for all you PBH fans. "Secret Honor" is now available on ebay! It's starting at $8.99. Trust me, it's a really great movie with a great performance by PBH. No wonder PTA loved him after watching this. May the best man win...

Wow. Very, very tempting. I've never seen this. ... I guess there's no chance we'll ever get a groovy DVD edition, huh?

I might just bid.

Hehehe...

picolas

was it really Secret Honor?

ono

Apparently he had a guest spot on Modern Family.  Pretty low opinion of that show around here, but worth checking it out to see him in action, I imagine.

mogwai

Phew, he's not dead yet!

Reel

that'll be a sad day for xixax. Prolly need a 3 day mourning period.