PAY IT FORWARD

Started by Finn, March 03, 2004, 04:06:33 PM

Finn

Did anybody ever see this? I thought it was pretty good overall but it had two really great stories going on that didn't seem to fit in the same movie. The ending didn't work at all but I thought Kevin Spacey's character was the highlight. Great performances and intriguing ideas all the way through.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

cine

Quote from: QuoyleDid anybody ever see this?

Quote from: RoyalTenenbaum"Pay It Forward" is the cheesiest film ever to be made and I don't waste any chance to badmouth the damn movie. I hate it so fucking much!

Quote from: jokerspathPay It Forward is probably the film I have disliked more than any other film I've seen in the past five years.

Quote from: ewardi fucking hated pay it forward

Quote from: Ghoulardi's Idol in the 'Movies you're ashamed to admit you HAVE seen thread'Pay It Forward

RegularKarate

Quote from: Cinephile'Pay It Forward' is one of my favorite films.  Kevin Spacey's most underrated role ever... maybe next to K-PAX

MacGuffin

Quote from: ebeamanEnough of the best have already been mentioned so I'm going to have to mention one of the absolute worst: The English Patient! I hate that movie so fucking much. I think it's the second worst movie I've ever seen next to Pay It Forward. God, that kind of shit should be banned from cinema, I swear.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

cine

Quote from: RegularKarateI cried three times during Pay It Forward. You have to admit, the story is a real tearjerker. And the performances put Tom Hanks and Lawrence Olivier to shame.

grand theft sparrow

After seeing Pay It Forward, I took a lesson from the movie and, instead of writing a letter to Warner Bros., I coldcocked an old lady on the street.

modage

i actually saw this movie.  thats before i knew kevin spacey would continue making bad ones.  what happened to him?  he was on such a good streak until he got to american beauty and won his oscar.  after that, it all fell apart.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

A Matter Of Chance

Xixax heart Pay It Forward

bonanzataz

The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: taz.FUCK this movie.

Stefen

I like this movie cause Haley Joel Osment has a halfway mullet, and Helen Hunt looks like shes easy to pick up.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

Find Your Magali

To me, the most godawfulest thing about this godawful movie is that it is reveals Helen Hunt as a fraud. She should have stayed in sitcoms and she should definitely return her Oscar.

Pas

I remember how a coworker used to say this movie was his favorite ALL THE TIME and kept urging me to rent it.

I never actually saw it because I knew this man had shit taste.

©brad

Quote from: NEON MERCURY
Quote from: taz.FUCK this movie.

btw, this thread is hysterical.