saw Traffic again

Started by ben, June 02, 2003, 07:22:38 PM

ben

just watched it again on DVD. i watched full-frontal a couple weeks ago, and have any of you guys noticed that Soderbergh likes to go for that grainy look? also, the camera is always wobbling (i don't mind it at all)

is this his whole thing about going for that raw footage look?

anyhow, fantastic movie. and benicio del toro is so cool in that movie.

Cecil

i think his look comes off as very "faux-art." but it doesnt really matter to me when the film is good

sphinx

Quote from: benjust watched it again on DVD. i watched full-frontal a couple weeks ago, and have any of you guys noticed that Soderbergh likes to go for that grainy look? also, the camera is always wobbling (i don't mind it at all)

is this his whole thing about going for that raw footage look?

anyhow, fantastic movie. and benicio del toro is so cool in that movie.

i think it just happened that the subject matter of both movies lends itself to that.  he wanted both movies to feel very documentaryish, however he did make both of those movies immediately after directing a big budget, heavily polished picture, so it's probably a nice break for him

ben

Quote from: cecil b. dementedi think his look comes off as very "faux-art." but it doesnt really matter to me when the film is good

i agree. most of his movies are very good.

Mia Wallace

I agree with the poster that said that it just lended itself to those particular movies. So i'm not sure if its exactly part of his style. His pop corn flicks (Oceans 11, Erin Brockovich) had pretty high production values
I have to go powder my nose

sickfins

Quote from: Mia WallaceI agree with the poster that said that it just lended itself to those particular movies. So i'm not sure if its exactly part of his style. His pop corn flicks (Oceans 11, Erin Brockovich) had pretty high production values

i also agree with the poster that said it lended itself he seems like a very witty intelligent and well rounded poster yes