What's In Your DVD Player?

Started by cine, April 26, 2004, 07:29:53 PM

last days of gerry the elephant

gob

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Sunrise

Slowly working my way through this wonderful set. (Whether it's just happenstance I'm not sure, but as I'm about to post this the cap on the marquee is Mia Farrow lying down from Rosemary's Baby...)

Pwaybloe

I've been watching it on my new TV.  Pretty cool. 

hedwig

Redlum

\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

McfLy

squints

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

McfLy

McfLy

Quote from: Lucid on July 18, 2006, 10:55:17 PM
Hope that you loved it.

Movie was great. I didn't know it would be so funny. I've always had this preconceived notion that the movie was full-on drama film, I'm almost glad its not. Great performances all around.

Pubrick

Quote from: McfLy on July 22, 2006, 12:16:08 PM
Movie was great. I didn't know it would be so funny. I've always had this preconceived notion that the movie was full-on drama film, I'm almost glad its not.
wait, so you're not glad it's not? :yabbse-huh: did you not know anything about nabokov or kubrick when you saw this?
under the paving stones.

McfLy

Quote from: Pubrick on July 22, 2006, 12:24:38 PM
wait, so you're not glad it's not? :yabbse-huh: did you not know anything about nabokov or kubrick when you saw this?

I really just didn't know the movie had an adundance of comedy. I was going off on Adrian Lyne's remake of the film/book. Since that one is more serious, I just assumed Kubrick's would be as well.

McfLy

And Lolita is officially on the 'to buy' list.