What's In Your DVD Player?

Started by cine, April 26, 2004, 07:29:53 PM

squints

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

squints

who has seen this? i just finished it and its pretty enthralling/absurd. i'd like to know what someone else thought of it
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

godardian

""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

pete

Quote from: squints on May 09, 2006, 11:27:31 AM

DUDE I EFFING SHOT THAT.

(though I only got like an assistant editor credit).
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Ravi

hedwig

haha, the giant white bars on each side of the amazon dvd covers is totally killing the aesthetic vibe of this thread. damn you, amazon.

anyway,,,,

thanks google images:kiss:

Ravi

squints

Wednesday night double feature!!!:

&

Pwaybloe

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

mogwai

playing "not for you" right now.

gob

Ravi

McfLy

Quote from: Ravi on July 03, 2006, 10:40:43 PM

Never thought Darkman would make an appearance on these boards. One of those movies from my childhood, love it. Avoid the sequels if you find yourself fond of this one.

modage

truer words were never spoken. 
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.