License Plates???

Started by aclockworkjj, January 11, 2003, 03:00:15 PM

aclockworkjj

Okay...what's the deal with the plates in PDL???....I can't figure it out....there are a couple huge references though!  It's starting to piss me off......I mean PTA puts everything we see in their for a reason (ex. Exodus 8:2 in Magnolia), so what's the deal?

I could just be a complete and total loser with nothing better to think about than license plates......wow, I kinda suck!

sphinx

someone pointed out on the old boards that barry knew the brothers/dean were in utah because he saw the utah license plate....i'm not sure it has much signifigance, we must wait until it comes out again in april to see

number9

In the script there's quite a strong emphasis -- underlined and all -- on Barry noticing that the Brother's license plate is from Utah.. don't know about the rest of the movie.

fulty

Quote from: aclockworkjjOkay...what's the deal with the plates in PDL???.

The plate was   Utah 2R7 FNH

I liked a previous poster, who figured, reading backwards...

Had Enough?  7 are to hate you.  ( he had 7 sisters.!! )
Tinapop  

I used to be smart.... now I'm just stupid.

aclockworkjj

Even Emily Watson's little car though....it has no plate???  What's the deal with that?

Duck Sauce

Quote from: aclockworkjjEven Emily Watson's little car though....it has no plate???  What's the deal with that?

Maybe evidence of the "from a different planet" theory?

fulty

Quote from: aclockworkjjEven Emily Watson's little car though....it has no plate???  What's the deal with that?

Well, I think that the use of "numbers" may have been associated with complexity, or some negative emotion.  All the detail with credit card numbers and such that he gave to the phone sex operator, that led to trouble.  But with Lena, such a simple, wonderful "puppy-dog" love was emerging.  It didn't need any rational basis to exist.
Tinapop  

I used to be smart.... now I'm just stupid.