Ang Lee to resurrect Kubrick's "Aryan Papers"

Started by adolfwolfli, February 23, 2010, 04:14:43 PM

adolfwolfli

According to the most recent Film Comment, Ang Lee is going to make "Aryan Papers"...

Pubrick

unless you have a link to anything whatsoever, you should at least add (*rumour) to the title.

the best i could find all came back to an interview Jan Harlan gave halfway through last year, which is referenced here:

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/film/article6788693.ece

relevant quote:

Harlan said the studio should employ a leading director such as Ang Lee, who made the Oscar-winning Brokeback Mountain, to bring Kubrick's vision to the screen. He said he would happily become involved in the project again.
Harlan was speaking ahead of the opening of a new exhibition, called Unfolding the Aryan Papers, at the Edinburgh Festival. Warner Bros said it was unable to confirm if it had any plans to resurrect the film.

this was AUGUST 2009. does your source reveal more than that? the exhibit on the aryan papers is what this thread was about.
under the paving stones.

adolfwolfli

Sorry, I mean, I read in Film Comment magazine.  Can't really link to a physical magazine on the internet, can I?  I don't think it's on their site.  If it was published by as venerable a magazine as Film Comment, I don't think it's just a rumor, right?

Pubrick

which is why i asked if the information you read in the magazine is any different to what i quoted from various internet sources.

the rumour has been going around for a long time and from what you said it sounds like the same information just repackaged. without a quote or context or anything other than "film comment says.." it really is useless information. WHAT exactly did film comment say? if it's a HUGE article about it then it should be online too, cos why would a single magazine hav the scoop on that and no one else have caught on? and if it's just a little aside without any follow-up then it's probably just the same rumour.

no one has exclusive rights to news, i've looked for it all over and the same rumour from LAST YEAR is the only verification i can find on this story.
under the paving stones.