The Master - Spoiler-Free Thread

Started by MacGuffin, December 02, 2009, 10:12:15 PM

HeywoodRFloyd

Quote from: theyarelegion on August 20, 2012, 05:01:21 PM

The bridge in the clip is the Golden Gate Bridge in SF right? The Castro Theatre is also in SF. He's definitely fucking with us.

Cloudy

Let's round up the people who are going to see it tomorrow night! I'm GOING! What time you guys gonna be there?

Champion Souza

That clip made me lose my ship too.  :-D

HeywoodRFloyd

I have a question, many of the reviews/reactions are referring to Joaquin's character as Freddie Sutton, but some are saying Freddie Quell. Can someone who has seen the film indicate which one of these names Is correct

modage

Quell. Sutton was in the early draft of the screenplay.

Mac, whatever happened to this?

Quote from: MacGuffin on August 11, 2011, 06:25:49 PM
Joaquin was really thin and only wanted to be called by his character name, Johnathan.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

P Heat

Quote from: theyarelegion on August 20, 2012, 05:01:21 PM

GOT DAMMIT!.  Even the birds did their parts perfect. AND THAT SUN!!!

I wish they could upload the whole movie in youtube now!! lol cuz i'm sure as hell not going to see it anytime soon where I live.
Quote from: Pubrick on September 11, 2012, 06:33:41 PM
anyway it was after i posted my first serious fanalysis. after the long post all he could say was that the main reason he wanted to see the master was cos of all the red heads.
:P

MacGuffin

Quote from: modage on August 20, 2012, 09:43:00 PM
Mac, whatever happened to this?

Quote from: MacGuffin on August 11, 2011, 06:25:49 PM
Joaquin was really thin and only wanted to be called by his character name, Johnathan.

I dunno. That was second hand information from someone I met who worked on the film. He had a bit of a tough time remembering and wasn't interested in the project like we are.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pozer

wish i could modage up and get me a plane ticket from la to san fran. that castro was the best theater ever to see the light for cmbb. was gonna quote my post from then but wow was i embarrassing five years ago. might as well have called me in pozer we trust.

you kids have lotsa fun

that castro theater mastro teaser is the best :yabbse-thumbup:

HeywoodRFloyd

Cool, thanks Modage. I also have one more question, since you've seen the film. Is the clip released for the Castro part of the film?

I really want to see that beauty in the film.

Pubrick

Quote from: HeywoodRFloyd on August 20, 2012, 11:41:03 PM

Cool, thanks Modage. I also have one more question, since you've seen the film. Is the clip released for the Castro part of the film?

I really want to see that beauty in the film.

Answering this question is a spoiler.
under the paving stones.

HeywoodRFloyd

Quote from: Pubrick on August 21, 2012, 01:40:49 AM
I honestly don't think it is. I really want to see this shot in the theatre in all it's glory and I will be waiting for it, but if it isn't in the film I'd want to be prepared to not seeing it.

modage

I kinda agree with Pubrick! So I haven't been saying what's in/not in the film. Cause that's part of the surprise?

The best part is thinking about all the stuff that's not in as still part of the story.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pubrick

Quote from: HeywoodRFloyd on August 21, 2012, 04:07:39 AM
Quote from: Pubrick on August 21, 2012, 01:40:49 AM
I honestly don't think it is. I really want to see this shot in the theatre in all it's glory and I will be waiting for it, but if it isn't in the film I'd want to be prepared to not seeing it.

All that proves is that wanting to know specifically which shots from the trailer will and won't be in the movie is purely a personal preference.

But as established in the fanalysis page, knowing that some material from the trailers is not in the final cut is in itself not a spoiler, it's fairly normal practise. Removing that uncertainty is the spoilerful part, which you're free to do for yourself in the appropriate thread.
under the paving stones.

HeywoodRFloyd

Okay, you're both right, I shall refrain from knowing anymore from the film other than the promotional material.  :yabbse-thumbup:
It's really tempting to know more about the film since that some have already seen it.

Modage, I have a request, since you have a lot of pull because of Cigarettes & Red Vines, I wanted to ask you a favour on behalf of Australian cinefiles that want to see The Master in 70mm.

Back a couple of months ago, Roadshow Films in Australia were not going to have a theatrical run of Cabin in the Woods, and it was going to be a straight to dvd title.
Many on the internet commented on their tumblr page, twitter etc. about this decision to be revoked, and because of the demand they were getting from people via social media they revoked it! giving it a theatrical run.

Roadshow films will most likely not release The Master in 70mm. However if the demand could be increased, I'm sure they'll reconsider giving Australian audiences to watch the film in it's intended format.

Is there anyway that a shoutout could be given to Australian Cigarettes & Red Vines readers to give support the cause.

This is the Roadshow Films tumblr page that posted The Master Trailer today, there is a comment section below it (powered by disqus)
that could help get the message across.
http://roadshowfilms.tumblr.com/post/29883366489/the-master-2012-trailer

I've also started a change.org petition, which was one of the reasons Cabin in the Woods was released, A lot of people signed the petition.

Roadshow Films Australia: Release 'The Master' on 70mm in Australian Theatres! 
http://www.change.org/petitions/roadshow-films-australia-release-the-master-on-70mm-in-australian-theatres#

P.s: Also everyone here, I would really appreciate if you guys would sign the petition also, even if you're not from Australia  :)  Just mention to screen it at The Astor Theatre in Melbourne, which is an 'event' theatre like the Music Box

bigperm

Quote from: InTylerWeTrust on August 20, 2012, 07:14:16 PM
I know for sure that Austin will be next... 

For sure, for sure?  Or just confident speculation, cause I am all over this, I think I speak for RegularKarate as well.
Safe As Milk