White Noise

Started by MacGuffin, September 11, 2004, 08:03:38 PM

MacGuffin

Trailer here.

Release Date: January 7, 2005 (wide)

Cast: Michael Keaton (John Rivers), Deborah Kara Unger (Sarah), Chandra West (Anna Rivers), Ian McNeice, Amber Rothwell (Susie), Aaron Douglas (Frank Black), Micki Maunsell (Edith Tomlinson)

Director: Geoffrey Sax (Tipping the Velvet)

Screenwriter: Niall Johnson

Premise: Michael Keaton plays successful architect Jonathan Rivers, whose peaceful existence is shattered by the unexplained disappearance and death of his wife, Anna (Chandra West). Jonathan is eventually contacted by a man (Ian McNeice), who claims to be receiving messages from Anna through EVP (Electronic Voice Phenomenon), the process through which the dead communicate with the living through household recording devices. At first skeptical, Jonathan then becomes convinced of the messages' validity, and is soon obsessed with trying to contact her on his own. His further explorations into EVP and the accompanying supernatural messages unwittingly open a door to another world, allowing something uninvited into his life.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pedro

oh shit.

at first i thought this was an adaptation of the don delillo book..

SiliasRuby

Quote from: Pedro the Alpacaoh shit.

Me too, damn I wish it was though.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Just Withnail

"The subject of some movies is so disturbing that those who experience them will never be the same again"

What the hell? If that trailer tried to make it look disturbing it failed enormously.

diggler

really? i actually thought the trailer was cool.

yea the voice i guess was a little cheesy, but it reminded me of a narrator from some old school ghost movie. i'll definitely see it.
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: SiliasRuby
Quote from: Pedro the Alpacaoh shit.

Me too, damn I wish it was though.

Apparently, Barry Sonnenfeld is working on the DeLillo White Noise, according to imdb.

The trailer for this White Noise, I have to say, it creeped me out.  I might actually see this.

Dtm115300

I saw White Nosie last night, and i didn't really enjoy it. When your watching it it feels like you're watching two diffrent movies. The first hour i really enjoyed; i liked the way everything unfolds, but towards the end the idea whiched i liked falls apart. As far as it's scream factor, there were more people laughing then screaming.  Michael Keaton played his role perfact though. Even though i didn't like this movie, i still think it was better then The Grudge.

Born Under Punches

This is why I love movie marketing.

"The most frightening film you'll ever see."  And it's rated PG-13, meaning it so frightening anyone can go see it.  Priceless.

Dtm115300

I agree with you. But i did think The Ring was pretty scairy and i believe it was also rated PG-13, but i wouldn't go as far as to say The Ring was "the most frightening movie ever."