forcing it?

Started by prophet, May 19, 2004, 09:24:17 PM

prophet

i was thinking. i really dont have any big ideas for a script so i was wondering should i stop trying to write something if i dont have anything to write about?
We gonna do a little Q&A Mr. Worley, and at the risk of sounding redundant please... make your answers Genuine...

Pubrick

apply the same logic to ur posts.
under the paving stones.

picolas

prophet

ok thats it im never cmoing to this site ever again . j/k
We gonna do a little Q&A Mr. Worley, and at the risk of sounding redundant please... make your answers Genuine...

cine

dustym

If you are serious about writing anything be it scripts or not, you should write everyday. Everyone  sits around and waits for the big idea to hit, but it rarely does. You should take characters or ideas and beat them with words and brainstorms until they develop themselves.

Most importantly you should write to develop style. You should practice conveying with the utmost brevity; 120 pages isn't alot of time if you have a story to tell, so you should be as clear and succinct as possible. This type of writing - this style - takes practice.

Big ideas are overrated. The ability to write well will never be.

metroshane

One of Neil Simon's most famous reviews said "Neil Simon didn't have any good ideas for a play this year.  He wrote it anyway".
We live in an age that reads too much to be intelligent and thinks too much to be beautiful.