NEON MERCURY's ++ ps360ii Lite ++ thread -weaning you off WoW since 07

Started by NEON MERCURY, November 09, 2003, 08:52:13 PM

SHAFTR

"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Stefen

Quote from: SHAFTRhttp://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/562116.asp

99% right now for Halo 2.

hah, halo. Hit me up when you grow some balls and can man up and play animal crossing (best game ever)
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

UncleJoey

So the game has been out for 2.5 hours (well, here in the Midwest at least) and nobody has managed to take a minute away from their xbox to tell us how great it is? I'm guessing SHAFTR will grace us with a delirious post in about 2 hours.
Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things: Jack and shit . . . and Jack just left town.

cine

Quote from: CinephileI played it a couple weeks ago. Top that, sucka.

me too. dammit,  it's 6:00 am and  the excitement woke me up.  i haven't been as excited about a videogame since metal gear solid 2 came out.

i'm that cheesy.
context, context, context.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: cronopio
Quote from: CinephileI played it a couple weeks ago. Top that, sucka.

me too. dammit,  it's 6:00 am and  the excitement woke me up.  i haven't been as excited about a videogame since metal gear solid 2 came out.

i'm that cheesy.

The difference is MGS2 was a total letdown.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

SHAFTR

Quote from: UncleJoeySo the game has been out for 2.5 hours (well, here in the Midwest at least) and nobody has managed to take a minute away from their xbox to tell us how great it is? I'm guessing SHAFTR will grace us with a delirious post in about 2 hours.

Wow, thats what I have to say about the game.

I haven't touched Single Player, but the Multiplayer is great.  This has to be the best looking console game on the market.  The only problem with Halo's multiplayer was that the weapons were unbalanced.  Halo 2 fixes this problem, each weapon has it's pros and cons.  Also, Halo involved strategy b/c you could only carry 2 weapons at once.  Now with Halo 2 you have the option to dual wield (weapon in each hand).  Although this isn't the necessarily the best option because then you can't throw grenades.  The online is near flawless, 16 people and there is rarely any lag.  Instead of a set host, the game automatically chooses the best connection, if they start to lag, it finds the next best connection.  This is insanely fun.

talk about DISAPPOINTMENT.  the only version available over here is dubbed.  GODDAMN.
context, context, context.

NEON MERCURY

yesterday i got halo 2 and sleuth's recomendation, eternal darkness.

both are incredible. now its time to get xboxlive
i think i  am going to go the DSL route.  would i be alright  or do i need a cable modem.  pleasse help a brotha out. thanks

oh yeah ChEST.. a few posts ago you asks about the LOTR rpg.  i heard its good but a little short.  and its sort of watered down.  if you grew up playing rpg, the game is suppose to be rather easy.  its more geared twards action fans.  everything is simplified from fighting , leveling up, gathering info..  its no hard core rpg.  bu ti still want to get it b/c the whole LOTR atmosphere is perfect for the rpg genre.  exspecially for me since a grew up the earlier final fantasies while were medievil-ish like LOTR is...

SHAFTR

Microsoft: $100 million in day one Halo 2 sales

Microsoft exec Peter Moore boasts of estimated initial sales of the Xbox shooter, with backup from EB Games' CEO.

Reuters is reporting that at the Harris Nesbitt Playtime 2004 Investor Conference, held today in New York City, Microsoft's corporate vice president of retail sales and marketing Peter Moore told attendees just how much cash he expects the Microsoft-published Halo 2 to generate on its first day at retail.

"I'm calling a $100 million day on Halo today" Moore reportedly said. Backing Moore up on the important day for Microsoft was none other than Microsoft chairman Bill Gates who, at a Microsoft shareholders meeting also held today, said, "In the first 24 hours we'll have an opening that's [more] popular than any motion picture has ever had in history."

According to the Reuters dispatch, Moore elaborated on the figure, stating that he expected $78 million of today's take will have been generated by preorders. Also presenting at the Nesbitt Harris event was EB Games CEO Jeff Griffiths. Griffiths commented on the impact the game was expected to have on his company's bottom line. "We think that this will be the biggest launch in the history of EB, perhaps the biggest launch in the history of video games."

Of course, no exact revenue tally is known yet, but very likely, the day will go on as one of the most profitable for all parties connected with the Xbox title. Of the over 25,000 retail stores that sell video games in the US, it's estimated that there were 7,000 locations that opened at 12:01am Tuesday, specifically to enable gamers to get their hands on Halo 2 early.

Long-term prospects for sales of Halo 2 are mostly rosy. Industry analyst Michael Pachter of Wedbush Morgan Securities told Reuters, "I'd say 60 percent penetration on the console is a good number, so you're looking at 10 million copies worldwide." He estimates half that amount would sell through in the game's first month at retail.

By  Curt Feldman, GameSpot  POSTED:  11/09/04 06:22 PM

Quote from: NEON MERCURYyesterday i got halo 2 and sleuth's recomendation, eternal darkness.

both are incredible. now its time to get xboxlive
i think i  am going to go the DSL route.  would i be alright  or do i need a cable modem.  pleasse help a brotha out. thanks

I use a Cable Modem, it goes through a router.  The router attaches to 2 computers and to my xbox.  I would recommend going with cable internet.  If you want it just for your Xbox, you have no need for the router.  If you want it to go to the computer as well, you will need the router.

I strongly encourage you to go online with Halo 2.  When you do, add me to your friends list:  TheMattressMan

-----

I also want to point out that carjacking in Halo 2 is more fun than it is in GTA.

NEON MERCURY

shaftr, thanks man.

i am price checking for broadband possibilites.  but i think i might have to lean towards DSL [its cheaper].  but the person told me that it would be the "superior feed" DSL [whatever that means].  and its at a good price.

i hope the have it ready by mid december.
and i will definately look you up on LIVE.
thanks.

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: Bill GatesIn the first 24 hours we'll have an opening that's [more] popular than any motion picture has ever had in history.
That's easy to say when video games cost at least 5 times more than a movie ticket.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: Chest Rockwell
Quote from: Bill GatesIn the first 24 hours we'll have an opening that's [more] popular than any motion picture has ever had in history.
That's easy to say when video games cost at least 5 times more than a movie ticket.

Speaking in terms of popularity, something that costs 5 times more would generally go less popular, wouldn't you think?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Chest Rockwell

I guess what I'm trying to say is he has no business comparing the video game industry to the movie industry unless you're talking retail distribution like DVDs. Two completely different things.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Walrus XSpeaking in terms of popularity, something that costs 5 times more would generally go less popular, wouldn't you think?
Only if they're the same thing. People will pay a lot for videogames, especially Halo 2.

I agree with Chest. How about number of games sold versus number of tickets sold?

But the money measurement is appropriate... we're talking about Microsoft here.