The Master - Spoiler-Free Thread

Started by MacGuffin, December 02, 2009, 10:12:15 PM

polkablues

I think that's just her face...
My house, my rules, my coffee

Stefen

Ugh. She's the worst.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Alexandro

she was great in election and she can be great again.

for petes sake

Adam Sandler used to be the worst.

New Feeling

she was pretty great in Pleasantville too but it's been a while. 

Gold Trumpet

Well, I don't think she has done a role yet that is really indicative of how well she could do, but I don't really care if she is cast in this or not. On the other hand, she's a name, it's a supporting role and this is a project that still has some chance to lose funding so she is a benefit to the project if the report is true.

72teeth

fuckin Freeway is the bomb... i have full confidence in that crazy bitch
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

Robyn

I don't care who he cast. If Paul thinks she fits for the role, why wouldn't she? Most of the time it usually not about talent, but what character you have and whether it is suitable for the role. Bad actors can make good performance in the right hands. And she isn't that bad either.

Just relax and give Paul a round of applause for his good choice. :bravo:

Alexandro

kind of funny how people react to these rumors around here. like envious gay exlovers of paul thomas anderson or something.
just to remember, witherspoon was pretty much great in everything she did and then came legally blonde, which made her a star, and like every other actress in Hollywood who suddenly becomes "the new Julia Roberts" she's been doing crap romantic comedies for ages now. She won on oscar for the johnny cash film and if I remember correctly that was a mediocre film elevated by great performances from the leads. now she's offered a part in a paul thomas anderson film (maybe). sounds very good to me for both.

Pozer

Quote from: Alexandro on May 25, 2010, 09:18:49 AM
kind of funny how people react to these rumors around here. like envious gay exlovers of paul thomas anderson or something.

Quote from: Pozer on October 23, 2009, 02:35:37 PM
PTA sucked me off last night and when he finished i looked down at him and said 'you're so PTGAY.' none too excited about Reese! she best not do that weird, Reesey face she does! egad! she's the worst!!! she wasnt bad in Pleasantville though.

Alexandro

Stefen

Everyone has that one actor/actress that they just do not like for whatever reason. White trash Reese is mine. I just find her completely boring and forgettable. Even now looking at her filmograpy, I just find it boring. Vanity Fair, Sweet Home Alabama, Importance of Being Earnest, Legally Blonde uno/dos. BORING.

She's just that one actress I can not stand and I hate every choice they make. She's like 1 for 10 in good choices if she signs on here.

Election is pretty ace, though. As is Freeway where she basically just plays her white trash self.  

I don't doubt PTA. Never will. Still, I'd do backflips if he told her to get lost and cast Michelle Williams instead.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Sleepless

Sorry, I just don't get all the Reese bashing... is it because she's a popular actress than made some successful popcorn movies? What's the deal? I agree she's probably too big a name for any of the parts in the version of the script I read... but fuck guys ease up for chrissakes.

At least it's not Renee.

EDIT:
Talk about a fucking face...
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Pas

Quote from: Sleepless on May 26, 2010, 07:45:36 AM
Sorry, I just don't get all the Reese bashing...

Her complete last ten years, minus voice for cartoons. Enjoy.

Four Christmases (2008) .... Kate
Rendition (2007) .... Isabella Fields El-Ibrahimi
Penelope (2006) .... Annie
Just Like Heaven (2005) .... Elizabeth
Walk the Line (2005) .... June Carter [Arguably good I guess...]
Vanity Fair (2004) .... Becky Sharp
Legally Blonde 2: Red, White & Blonde (2003) .... Elle Woods
... aka "Cutie Blonde 2: Happy Max" - Japan (English title) [what a title!!!]
Sweet Home Alabama (2002) .... Melanie Smooter
The Importance of Being Earnest (2002) .... Cecily Cardew
Legally Blonde (2001) .... Elle Woods
Little Nicky (2000) .... Holly

The only pro of this casting choice is amazing hotness.