Best Original Music

Started by MacGuffin, April 06, 2009, 08:03:47 PM

MacGuffin

Best Original Music: THE DARK KNIGHT (James Newton Howard and Hans Zimmer)

THE NOMINEES

The Dark Knight
Milk
Slumdog Millionaire
Synecdoche, New York
Wall•E
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Kal

Give me a fucking break. Even for the Slumdog haters you have to admit the music was fricking awesome.

picolas

i'm surprised synecdoche or wall e didn't take it. this is a pretty darn good score/i like it, but it's also pretty conventional. this must be the first time brion has lost in a year he wrote something.

©brad

Yeah this is one we definitely got wrong.  :yabbse-undecided:

Sleepless

Quote from: kal on April 07, 2009, 12:55:14 AM
Give me a fucking break. Even for the Slumdog haters you have to admit the music was fricking awesome.

What Kal said.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Stefen

I'm VERY surprised (and a bit disappointed) that Brion didn't win. I'm okay with DK winning, but it just seems like such a safe, by the numbers type of score.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Fernando

I was gonna say something similar to Kal and then I realized I voted for TDK  :yabbse-undecided:

I fucked up and deleted the wrong one...

squints

I just can't justifiably say Slumdog because they play two versions of Paper Plans back to fucking back.

Jon Brion should've won. 
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche