NEON MERCURY's ++ ps360ii Lite ++ thread -weaning you off WoW since 07

Started by NEON MERCURY, November 09, 2003, 08:52:13 PM

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

If anyone is on the fence about Guitar Hero 3, jump the fuck into the greener pasture and get it.

I've already clocked too many hours into it, the Battle mode alone is making it all worth it.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Stefen

Alright, so who's picking up Super Mario Galaxy?

This game decides whether I buy a Wii or not. I need some xixax opinions.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Raikus

I'm backlogged on 360 games. I'll be waiting quite a while to get Mario if ever. The games coming out for 360 are just soooo much better than Wii at the moment. I've been waiting for Super Smash Bros. too but I'd rather play Orange Box/GH3/CoD4 through completion before going back to Wii.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Raikus

http://gamepro.com/microsoft/xbox360/games/reviews/145468.shtml
Everyone is calling it the Best Shooter of the Year. Yes, better even than H3 and Bioshock.

I was a big CoD player to begin with so my opinion would be biased. I'll let the trades speak for it.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Stefen

Unfortunately, I don't have ANY of the next gen systems. I'm leaning toward a 360, but a Wii seems like a lot of fun. PS3 is out of the question. Does it even have any exclusive games?

The only reason I was going to buy a next gen system was got GTA 4, but that doesn't seem to be coming out till next year.

I'm still working on FFXII on PS2 and Twilight Princess in GC. Plus, I still play Fight Night at least twice a week.

Also, I have a girlfriend, so.....

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Stefen on November 07, 2007, 02:34:13 PM
Unfortunately, I don't have ANY of the next gen systems. I'm leaning toward a 360, but a Wii seems like a lot of fun. PS3 is out of the question. Does it even have any exclusive games?

The only reason I was going to buy a next gen system was got GTA 4, but that doesn't seem to be coming out till next year.

I'm still working on FFXII on PS2 and Twilight Princess in GC. Plus, I still play Fight Night at least twice a week.

Also, I have a girlfriend, so.....

i agree that the 360 has the best holiday line-up.  there is no way i can keep up with everything.  so, i'm gonna get (essentials) then work  on the other shit later in 2008.  call of duty 4 looks incredible.  i'm bummed about the short campaign.  i do play online but i prefer the signle player component more.  still, i will get cod 4.  i don't think that cod 4 is up to bioshock's standard.  well, maybe in multiplayer :yabbse-grin:   but bioshocks single campaign owns.  and i will always give props to something original than a "military shooter".  but, i think that cod 4 is the cream of the crop in military shooters.  halo 3 in terms of muliplayer is so much fun.  the game is over hyped and it's a "videogame that assholes like" bu tdamn, its fun!  i love having 4 peeps gathered together ina room, listening to good music, drinking beer and going together as a team and trying to fuck shit up.

stefen,  i would buy a 360 as my first step into the next gen of gaming.  the ps3 does have exclusives though...here's a sample: (bold indicates a worth looking IMO)

PlayStation 3 Exclusives

Released:

Folklore
Fomula One: Championship Edition
Full Auto 2: Battlelines
Genji: Days of the Blade
Heavenly Sword
Lair
Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire
MotorStorm
NBA 07
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Ratchet & Clank: Tools Of Destruction
Resistance: Fall of Man
Ridge Racer 7
Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom
Warhawk

Unreleased:

Angel Rings
Afrika
Coded Arms: Assault
DC Universe
Driver 5
Eight Days
Eye of Judgment
Eyedentify
Fifth Phantom Saga
Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy Versus XIII
Gran Turismo 5

Hot Shots Golf 5
Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier
Killzone 2
L.A. Noire
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

Monster Kingdom
Ni-Oh
SingStar
Tekken 6
The Getaway 3
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
White Knight Story
WipeOut

picolas

i'm getting galaxy. will report back. hoping by the time i'm done there will be cheap cragslists of assassin's creed and mass effect. i've never had so many games i want coming out at the same time ever.

stefen, i know the wii is tempting, but i would wait unless you get some kind of crazy deal. there just isn't enough good stuff on it yet.

the orange box is fantastic. i'd forgotten how much i loved valve, and especially after playing all these other shooters between hl2 ep 1 and 2, how ingeniously designed everything they do is. not just the levels themselves, but the perfect amount of ambiguity around the story/characters. i can't think of a more purely intruiging game universe.

Bethie

Wii.  I played for the first time last night.  :shock: can't stop thinking about it. never had so much fun. ever. we played a four player game with like 8 people. i wanted to play tonight. i even called my friend with wii. now i'm bored. i need wii.
who likes movies anyway

Gold Trumpet

I really enjoy NHL 2K8. I play it at a friends house sometimes. Usually a bunch of us will go to the college hockey game and then play it afterwards because we're still in a hockey mood. At first I was everyone's kicking post because they were all experts with PS2 and I admitted I hadn't played a sports video game since I was 15. They loved it because I make them my kicking posts in all physical sports, but it's been a few weeks and I'm starting to kick the shit out of them. Video games are still fun. I just don't need an expensive hobby so I'm keeping my distance. Oh, and it's been confirmed that video gamers are the moodiest fucks around.

Stefen

I just went out and bought a 360. K-Mart had a sale for 20% off any one item, so I saved like $75. I picked up NBA 2K8.

What are the other essential games to get?

Kal

Thats pretty much the only one I play...

Pro Evolution Soccer is great, but you are white trash so you probably dont like soccer (no offense  :yabbse-grin: ).

The Godfather game is great.

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: Stefen on November 13, 2007, 12:57:04 AM
I just went out and bought a 360. K-Mart had a sale for 20% off any one item, so I saved like $75. I picked up NBA 2K8.

What are the other essential games to get?
I don't have a 360 but from what I hear:

Gears of War
BioShock
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter
Rainbow Six: Vegas
Halo 3
Viva Pinata

That's all I can think of.

Also, I've been playing Zelda: Phantom Hourglass and it's awesome! Just as addictive as any other Zelda game I've played.

Raikus

Forget Clancy games and just get Call of Duty 4. It will satisfy your military shooter niche and has insanely great multiplayer and story.

Chest is right on his other picks (although I've never seen/heard/played Viva Pinata). I'd add The Orange Box and NHL 2008 to the list as well.

Stefen

I picked up Rainbow Six: Vegas (It was $20 used because I have a Gamestop card the gets me 10% off any used game) and 3mo's of XBox Live. My username is SRome if anyone wants to add me as a friend and play some NBA 2K8.

I want to get Fight Night, but I have it for PS2 and I hear it's the exact same game.

I also ordered Bioshock and The Darkness for $50 (TOTAL!) from Amazon including shipping. Great deal. Even if The Darkness sucks it'll still be great trade in value.

The game I want most is CoD 4 but I just can't justify buying it new when I can get it alot cheaper used in a couple weeks. Same with Assasins Creed.

I'm finding out the best thing about XBox is that the games have so much more to offer online. I can see buying games and not even playing the single player mode and just playing online every time. It's really worth it.