PTA Quotes

Started by Pozer, August 30, 2003, 07:02:03 PM

Gamblour.

That's a great quote. Does anyone know the one where he said something about not liking to read, that's he not a reader but a writer, like Dirk Diggler? I know I read it somewhere, but could never find it again.
WWPTAD?

Spike

Seconds before the beginning of the premiere of "Magnolia":

"Where the fuck is my wallet?"

I'm not quiet sure if he said "wallet", but I think yes.

PTA in front of the Jeremy Blackman and the other two kids during pre-production for "Magnolia":

"How the fuck do I start know?... Okay I'm gonna watch my language from now on."

PTA in an interview for his video journal on "Magnolia":

"I went for a couple of weeks to Bill Macys cabin in Vermont, which is the middle of fucking nowhere."

After PTA asked the crew of "Magnolia" how long the film would be, someone answered "88 Minutes" - PTAs answer:

"88 Minutes... for the prologue!"
"We're gonna celebrate St. Suck-My-Big-Fat-Fucking-Sausage'a!!!"

Vile5

Quote from: Find Your Magali"I use my brief experience with film school to bad-mouth it with authority. The first day I walked into the classroom I was faced with seeing Battleship Potemkin and a professor who said, "If you want to write Terminator 2, get out." Well, fuck you. Maybe there's some kid who wants to write Terminator 2, and how dare you start with Potemkin? Why not start with Terminator 2 and work backward? To me, that's the way to learn."
yeap, that's one of my favorites too
"Wars have never hurt anybody except the people who die." - Salvador Dalí

cine

That's one of my favourites but because of the "Maybe somebody wants to write T2"
I don't really agree with watching films of today and going backwards.

Sally O'Malley

so, at olive garden, u'd rather have the neverending salad and bread sticks after u eat your frozen tiramisu and fettuccine alfredo?

dawg, whatchyootalkin?

ps.
....that post just made me really hungry.
..the 'highlander' was a documentary and the events happend in real time.

cine

... I'm talking about in terms of teaching cinema history. Start where it all began and go forwards.

Alethia

Quote from: SpikeSeconds before the beginning of the premiere of "Magnolia":

[[/i]

i thought he said "where's my fuckin water?'......

prophet

what did PTA say on the BN's DVD "this fucking kid's read only 30 pages of the script" or something talking about marky mark
We gonna do a little Q&A Mr. Worley, and at the risk of sounding redundant please... make your answers Genuine...

Link

I like when he's talking about film school and the Terminator 2 thing, where he says "Terminator 2 was dynamite!"  Gets me every time.

kotte

Quote from: CinephileI don't really agree with watching films of today and going backwards.

Why?

As PTA said, it's crazy to start with Potemkin. Filmschool shouldn't put people off the first day. That's right, I think Potemkin is really really off-putting. At least 'till a year ago or something

Ask anyone interested in films what made them interested in it in the first place. Do you think they first saw potemkin and thought 'Wow...I wanna see more films, contemporary films'? I think this couldn't be more untrue. Let me tell you how I feel and I think most people do: We see films in theatres and get excited. Maybe we wanna se older films from that director and maybe even older ones from directors who inspired them? Etc etc...

jasper_window

Quote from: eward
Quote from: SpikeSeconds before the beginning of the premiere of "Magnolia":

[[/i]

i thought he said "where's my fuckin water?'......

I think so too.

I like when he told Philip Baker Hall that he "walks like a motherfucker" on the Hard Eight commentary.