Reverse

Started by kotte, May 31, 2004, 02:17:34 PM

kotte

How do you reverse a clip in Premiere 6.5? To have it run backwards...

Is it even possible?

Redlum

It's very simple

Speed = -100%
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

kotte

That is easy...

matt35mm

Except that in my experience, it has a tendency to jitter when I do that.  So I do it in Adobe After Effects because it has a more advanced rendering thingy, so I can set it to play backwards but have a normal interlacing thingy.  I think the problem with Premiere is that when you reverse the speed of the shot, the odds and evens of the interlacing get switched.

kotte

Is it possible to "fade" a slow motion in Premiere?

Instead of going from normal speed to 50% in one frame I want it to go slower and slower 'till it get's to what speed I want it at. Know what I mean?

mutinyco

I don't work in Premiere, but any editing program worth its beans should have keyframes. Both FCP and Avid run their speed ramping through keyframes.
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

kotte

Okay, I've tried and tried...and I still don't know how to fade a slow-motion.

Someone used to Premiere know how to do it?

ono

Here's what I did once, in FCP.  Maybe you can apply this to Premiere.  I had this clip where a normal transition wouldn't quite work, so I made it slow-mo by chopping it up into several equal-length clips.  Then, I made each clip gradually slower and slower, and the last one ended up much longer than the others as a result.  I added a fade out to that last clip, and it achieved a result similar to what you are going for.  Hope this helps.

Ghostboy

Yeah, what ono said -- and you don't even necessarily need to do it gradually, and it'll still work.

Recce

I'm quite sure you can't gradually slow down in Premiere. At least you couldn't in version 6. They may have developped it in v. 6.5. Some techy guy told me that some years ago.
"The idea had been growing in my brain for some time: TRUE force. All the king's men
                        cannot put it back together again." (Travis Bickle, "Taxi Driver")

ono

Quote from: RecceI'm quite sure you can't gradually slow down in Premiere. At least you couldn't in version 6. They may have developped it in v. 6.5. Some techy guy told me that some years ago.
If you can edit a clip and apply any sort of change in speed to it, you can do a gradual slowdown.  It's crude, and it might not be exactly what you're thinking of, but it'll work.

Jeremy Blackman

FCP is so much easier.

Recce

Quote from: ono.bot.opoeia
Quote from: RecceI'm quite sure you can't gradually slow down in Premiere. At least you couldn't in version 6. They may have developped it in v. 6.5. Some techy guy told me that some years ago.
If you can edit a clip and apply any sort of change in speed to it, you can do a gradual slowdown.  It's crude, and it might not be exactly what you're thinking of, but it'll work.
Yeah, I meant not the way you'd do it in FCP.
"The idea had been growing in my brain for some time: TRUE force. All the king's men
                        cannot put it back together again." (Travis Bickle, "Taxi Driver")