COFFEE SHOP: SYDNEY VS PULP FICTION

Started by cowboykurtis, April 21, 2003, 02:14:58 PM

chainsmoking insomniac

"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

filmcritic

Geez, I thought I was the only person who discovered this. It's true, the same coffee shop music is playing in both opening scenes. I would love to get it in some way. In "Pulp Ficiton", it's called "Coffee Shop Music" and in "Hard Eight", I think it's called "Country's Cool". Either way, someone should really get a hold of it or make an mp3 of it because it's really wonderful.
"You're too kind."
-Richard Roeper

"You're too cruel."
-Roger Ebert

cowboykurtis

Quote from: filmcriticGeez, I thought I was the only person who discovered this. It's true, the same coffee shop music is playing in both opening scenes. I would love to get it in some way. In "Pulp Ficiton", it's called "Coffee Shop Music" and in "Hard Eight", I think it's called "Country's Cool". Either way, someone should really get a hold of it or make an mp3 of it because it's really wonderful.

agreed -- it has a real "bitter sweet" quality to it -- it's like a fragile meek man wearing a burly set of cowboy boots...
...your excuses are your own...